please advise a confused saggy person!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maria florey, 30 July 2008 Social URL.

1. maria florey

maria florey New Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hi all! Im feeling really down about myself at the moment. Unbelievable, seeing as iv just lost 8 stone and have gone from a size 28-30 to a 10-12 with slimming world. I've got so much flabby and saggy skin on my arms, bum/tum and thighs that i look 60 not 40! I've been referred to a surgeon on the nhs but they refuse to even book an appointment until i have funding in place from the pct! Any advice please??!!:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    sorry I cant advise you but I just wanted to say well done on losing that much weight. xx

4. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Maria and welcome to the site :)

First of all a huge congratulations on losing 8 stone!!!! That's an incredible achievement :D:D:D

I don't have any experience of waiting to hear from PCT's about funding, I'm guessing it varies form area to area but I'm sure another member will be along soon who will know more hopefully.

Sorry you are feeling down about your skin now and hopefully you will get a response from your PCT soon.

Every best wish and lovely to meet you,

Lacey..xx :)

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hi and welcome, well done on your amazing loss. I think you will just have to wait until the PCT have approved funding and then take it from there x

6. HopeSprings

HopeSprings Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi and congratulations on your excellent weight loss. I've recorded 10 years younger from last night about someone with the same problem. If all else fails you could consider getting in touch with the programme. Don't give up hun!

7. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I watched that this morning. She could tuck her nipples into her waistband!

8. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    How about going abroad for the op , have you looked into that ? cost wise ? Well done on the loss !!!
    Maybe write to 10 years younger and they might do it as they get a programe out of it ? Fame at last !

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations on such a great weight loss. I think you just need to be patient things like this can take time. Meanwhile maintaining your weight will show them how dedicated to this you are

Irene xx

10. flumpster67

flumpster67 In a whirl

Diet:
    Not 'on' a diet - Marissa Peer has changed my perceptions!
    Hi there,
    What a great acheivement, its hard when you are so close and then hit the funding stumbling block - don't let that get you down too much.
    You have worked hard for this, stay positive

11. Percy greenfingers

Percy greenfingers Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wow, is my first thought, well done. Have they given you any indication of how long you'll have to wait? I think I'll probably have the same problem, but only on the first week so haven't got there yet. You must feel better physically? You will get there with your determination, it sounds like you can achieve anything!!!!

12. largelesley

largelesley Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    wow how brill my friend had same problem and she just kept hounding her doc saying she felt so bad bout skin that was left she was in danger of puting weight bak on . so altho its a bummer after all that work just keep at them . what bout this morning they sometimes run stories like yours lesley x

13. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

sorry no advice but wow well done you thats a huge achievement :) x

14. caws

caws Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.66%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating-ish
    Well done on your weight loss.

It must be really demoralising for you. Have you spoken to anyone at your PCT about the funding ? I think that some do fund it but others flatly refuse - it may be worth making enquiries to see where yours stands.

Invest in some good underwear - I know when you take it all off you won't feel so great but at least you'll look great for most of the time.

Good luck.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.