Please check what i have eaten today as I am new to slimming world

Shangri-la

Hey all, this is my first day of doing slimming world. Please let me know if anyone has time if I am on the right path - -

Breakfast- 2 x weetabix golden syrup
fat free golden vale milk (half a cup)
small banana (95cals)

Lunch - 2x pork chops baked
2xpoached eggs
Baked beans.

1 dairy milk cadbury bar of chocolate 11.5 syns

For dinner, I am thinking of chinese boiled rice with black bean sauce and a few prawn crackers.

Is this a crazy amount of food??. am i eating far too much or not enough of something. really hate fruit and veg but forced myself with the banana. I will also buy some muller lights and super noodles. Please give me advice. i have just come off slim and save vlcd.

It's definitely not a "crazy amount of food". In fact, I'd say you're not eating enough superfree. Remember, you need to be eating 1/3 of your plate SuperFree with every meal, so that means more fruit, vegetables and/or salad.

I am also alarmed as to why you seem to be counting calories, i.e. banana (95 cals)? Slimming World doesn't work on calories, so you don't need to worry about trying to count them. I understand it must be hard coming from a VLCD, but you need to try and wipe everything you think you know about dieting from your mind.

I'm not sure that Golden Syrup Weetabix counts as a Healthy Extra, so you may need to Syn that. And also the milk - it needs to be measured properly (i.e. in mls) rather than "half a cup".

Hope this helps xx

Hiya, as you've had meat (chops) and planning on having rice, I think you are technically going down the Extra Easy route. In which case you have not had nearly enough Superfree . . . . I know what you said about fruit & veg but the whole plan isn't going to work properly if you don't.
This year, SW even recommend you have superfree with every meal even if you're following the Red or Green plan (only used to be with EE).

Also, I'm not sure of syn values but think you've gone over your daily max of 15. [Weetabix Golden Syrup (not sure if these can be HEb) + chocolate + Black Bean Sauce + Prawn Crackers]. .If so, you can recoup tomorrow (by using 105 syns per week rather than 15 per day).

The actual amount of food you eat isn't really the issue - with SW you can eat until you are satisfied (not stuffed). .All meals are supposed to contain
1/3 superfree + 2/3 free or syn'd.

Obviously, your biggest hurdle is going to be the superfree issue - are there no veg or fruit you like? .You're also going to have to forget about calories (banana!). .Yes all foods contain calories but the SW plans are not calorie based and they've done all the hard work for you.

Good luck.

Princess Stevie beat me to it - I must've been typing when she posted. .However, I'm pleased we're both on the same track. :D

Thank you so much for the advice. I suppose, i should have put mushroom with my lunch as i love them. for tea i did not have chinese. in the end i had baked potato with tuna and spoon of extra lite mayo, 1 mullerlite and 1 orange. ive prob still gone over syns and dont have enough superfree. I should have had some salad with baked potato or veg??. Thank you again ladies for taking the time to reply and putting me on the right track.x

Back