Please help me find the strength and confidence to do this

dragoneye454

Hi all,

I am restarting the diet again. I have been trying to restart for about three weeks now.
I was 13st 11 when I stopped and am now 14st 4 :wave_cry:
So I am here hoping it will give me the strength to really try and ignore my dad and fiance who tell me I don't need to lose weight. Whilst they are being nice, I am not doing it for them, I am doing it for me.
The wedding is one year, three months and one week away. I have lost one stone so far (since January) and have about two more to go to reach my first goal.

So here we go.
Today ladies and gentlemen we start off with a lovely muller greek yogurt (1/2 syn). For lunch we have had Low fat super noodles and spring onions.
Dinner will more than likely be a Lamb kebab (no pitta and no sauce) with lots of salad (2 syns for the oil)

Snacks will be limited to:
Cheese on toast (HEA and HEB)
Two Hotel chocolat chocolates (a very yummy 6 syns) and
Pickled eggs with tomato puree if I really can't fill the hole after all that.

Wish me luck.

Ok so yesterday didn't quite go to plan.
After an awful phone call I ended up eating a homemade brownie and a bowl of golden grahams instead of all the nice healthy stuff I had planned.
So we are trying AGAIN today.

Breakfast- Muller greek yogurt (1/2 syn)
Lunch- Jacket potato with baked beans, spring onion and chicken.

Snacks- more spring onions

Hi and well done for starting over! and for losing 1 stone already, that's great!
Are you not a breakfast person, I couldnt keep going on just a yogurt for brek:) and if you can manage to have one third of your plate as veg or salad, that will really help you to lose.
Good luck with your goals

yeah I really struggle eating breakfast.
I did have magic porridge sometimes before so I will try and get that in a bit more I think.
It's evenings I struggle with more than anything to be honest.

Thanks both

Ok all,

Today will work.
I did so well yesterday until we went to the pub adn they gave me a full fat coke instead of diet. Grrr!!
But we will keep trying.

Today we have another greek yogurt (1/2 syn)
Batchelors rice with spring onion.

We have a lovely hm chilli for tea today (4 syns allocated as dad is making) and some rice.
Lots of filling rice today.
Might make some garlic bread (HB and HA) for a snack and of course 2 chocs (6 Syns)

What about having fruit for breakfast? I would really struggle with just a small yogurt like that!

My strategy for evenings is to plan in a treat - like a mini twister lce lolly (2.5 syns), a freddo frog (5 syns) or a cup of highlights (2 syns). I also make sure I always have something like the very lovely 1/2 syn roulade in the fridge, or a big tub of fruit salad. If you're really hungry in the evening a slice of pasta flan, or something like a plate of cooked meats, veggie sticks and fat free natural yogurt with mint sauce stirred in is all syn free and could help with nibbling. Oh! And melon - melon is my life saver! You don't seem to have a lot of fruit on your plans - thats might help you if you could add a bit?

Hey, good luck - you can do it. You have had a good loss already :)
how many syns is the kebab meat by the way?

Back