Please help me, I'm going wrong

louiser

Trying very hard!
Hi,

I am obv going wrong somewhere but I am not sure where.

I was basically eating cuts of meat with green veg (keeping below 25g carb a day) and a little cheese and one cup of decaf with cream a day, I am not a great fan of chicken and turkey so tend to lean towards steak, mince, lamb and pork, hardly any lamb though. I stalled for a while so changed everything. I don't have cheese anymore, I rarely have the cream. The only things I do eat is occasionally cured meat, chorizo etc....

I don't really seem to be losing at all really. On MFP it looks like I am eating average 1500 cal per day, maybe 100g fat per day but the sodium can be quite high on some days. I thought I could be retaining water but surely you can't retain more and more water every single day?! Where does it all go?!

If anyone could give me any advice that would be great, I am starting to lose faith and thinking about having to go back to a VLCD :(

Hi i've had the same problem. i got so fed up i few my teddy out of the pram and switched over to the dukan diet which was the worst thing i ever did. i spent 3 miserable days of forcing food down that i hated. in the end i decided that i was coming back to Atkins but whilst doing a calorie count at the same time. i try to stick to 1250 calories a day and i have finally starting shifting the pounds again. i know you shouldn't really have to calorie count on atkins but i just wasn't losing weight before. i was sticking to the 20 carbs a day, did everything by the book but lost 5 pound in the first week then for the next three weeks kept losing a couple of pounds only to put them back on again. it ended up as a total of a 4 pound loss. i came back to atkins on Sunday and this morning i weighed i had lost 2 pounds at last. for the moment i am micro managing every thing that i eat or drink and i use My Fitness Pal religiously. I do find that things can be a bit confusing as the books are written for americans so their weights and carb counts are different to ours. i just hope i am doing it right now. By the way i started on VLCD too and i only lost 6 pounds on that and had no energy whilst my husband lucky man lost nearly 2 stone in 2 and a half weeks. dieting is so unfair. I've also cut my salt consumption a lot as i am a salt addict. What about the sweeteners? on other diets i have always used as many as i wanted and they have never interfered with me losing weight but a lot of people on the atkins say they stall them. so many questions. if you have any ideas let me know as it looks like we are pretty much on the same boat.

Come over to the Dark Side.... The 5:2 diet is waiting for you.... eat want you you like (within reason, cheeseburger with the cheese and the bun!)... and still lose weight.

I'm just browsing this forum as I did do Atkins and lost weight. Unfortunately, I couldn't stick it for more than 3 months. The I hit the carbs again. Then the weight came back.

It's great it you don't mind the restrictions, hell if you're craving a latte or some white sliced to wrap around all that bacon.

Good luck whichever way you go!!

You're probably not going wrong at all, it's incredibly common to slow or stall in the 2nd or 3rd week of Atkins.

Why not post a few daily menus - its impossible to say if anything is wrong without knowing exactly what you eat.

Back