Please help me understand

woof

Alway see the love x
Please help me understand.......

Ok, in the morning I do me pee stix and it says Im NOT in Ketosis but then come evening, just before I go to bed I do another pee stix thingy and im in ketosis BUT........ (keep with me on this 1 lol) The following morning I do another pee stix and Im not in ketosis!

So whats happening? Im not eating anything in the night while in bed so why is there such a big difference from my night pee to my morning pee?????

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I want to be in ketosis all the time, so not fair!!

I hope some1 can shed some light on this, plzzzzzzzz

Woofy X

I have always peed on my sticks in the evening, i am sure i read somewhere that you get a better result in early evening.

If you google when to use ketostix, i found quite a few references to people getting a better result in the evening too.

I have no idea why this is, but you are clearly not the only one!

I'll tell you what, i will test mine tonight and tomorrow morning and see what i get too.

woofy, i've been getting the same sort of thing, one min i'm in, the next i don't seem to be, so i'll have to keep an eye on whether it's the morn or evening when im showing pink...i have been told by some people that they can be unreliable from time to time, tho why that is, i've not a clue!

I think I read somewhere that Dr Atkins said to test in the evening, preferably after a meal.
Probably the fact that your metabolism slows when you are asleep, if you are not metabolising then you won't be producing ketones.
I have only tested once in the first week to make sure I was in ketosis, if you are sticking to it you will be in ketosis.
Other reasons it might not show is if you have had a lot of water it is diluted, also if you have done a lot of exercise, the ketones are burned off rather than excreted by the body.
I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Possible reason... ketostix show that you are burning fat for energy.. they do not differentiate between body fat and dietary fat. Perhaps because you are eating fat during that day for your meals they are then showing this in the evenings?

Whatever the reason, if you are losing weight I wouldnt worry too much, just keep doing what youre doing. xx

Thanks guys. Im glad im not the only 1, thought I was going mad lol

Louisa. lol. Let me know how you get on.

I love my pee stix! Like seeing it go pink as Its letting me know Im doing good!

Heres to a PINK day, for everyone!!!! : o )

Woofy X

I never used the sticks, got fed up with wet fingers.

Louisa, hod did it go? lol

I did it again, Ketosis last night but not this morning. DOH!

Woofy X

I was still in ketosis this morning, BUT it was much lighter in pink compared to last nights.

Maybe we should have a group testing?

x

My stix are new so it cant be that!
Group pee stix`s sound like fun.... hee hee

Thanks for doing your test for me, babes..... We will get to the bottom of this!

Woofy X

Im pink!!!!!!

Happy days!!!!!

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PINK WOOFY X

Woohhhhooooooooooooooo!!

Gotta love seeing that pink!

Funny story actually, when i initially went into ketosis this time around, i came bounding through the lounge door shouting "I am peeing pink!".

Next time i was going to the toilet, my daughter asked to come, as she wanted to see my pink wee!

Haha yes my hubby does ask now and again when ive been to the loo if im still pink.. its a good job no one hears him they would wonder what the hell we were talking about!

Woo woof!! Well done!! Yey!! xx

Loving Pink! It keeps me really motivated - I had the same thing with beige in the morning so thanks for clearing up this mystery x

Woohhhhooooooooooooooo!!

Gotta love seeing that pink!

Funny story actually, when i initially went into ketosis this time around, i came bounding through the lounge door shouting "I am peeing pink!".

Next time i was going to the toilet, my daughter asked to come, as she wanted to see my pink wee!

Lol.... bless her ickle cottons....
Pink is goooooood!!!:D:D:D

Woofy X

If you are 'pink' does it mean you are definitely losing weight?

I'm PINK but am still drinking wine. I'm just worried that I've got the pink thing wrong.

I'm PINK but am still drinking wine. I'm just worried that I've got the pink thing wrong.

It means your burning the fat which = your losing weight!

WE LOVE PINK!!!!

Woofy X

you can still drink wine as long as you don't go mad, my friends husband always had a glass of wine with his dinner every night and lost 1.5 stones in 3 weeks.
I still have the odd glass, but I haven't been a big drinker since I gave up to have my daughter, I can't take my drink now, LOL.

Thanks for the informative replies. :)

I feel much more positive now!!

I feel better overall, not bloated at all, which I usually do, and my clothes feel slightly looser. :p

Just one more question. When you are in ketosis how can you tell if you smell? Mr Me... has no sense of smell at all. I don't think anyone else would mention it to me if I did. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth and I don't think I have BO - at least I don't think my pits stink. :p

Back