Please help me :-(

bex310788

Hi guys, been a member on here for a while but dont post much. My weight loss journey started in August 2013 when i weighed in at 23 stone 8lbs :cry:With lots of hard work i was down to 12 stone 2 in November. But the bad habits are slowly creeping back up on me, i feel like i did when i was big and that i have lost control of it, i have put on 11lb in 2 months and need to get this off asap, i know 11lb dosent sound much but after losing 11 stone i cant start going backwards :-( any advice ? Feeling so down and upset with myself. xx:sigh:

Hi Bex,

firstly WOW what a great achievement!! Congrats on the weight loss, and I think it's really great that you are recognising some weight gain and tackling it. I'm sure you can get control again and get the 11lbs off.

can you tell us more about what plan you used to lose the weight?

If it worked the first time, perhaps it's just that you need to set that up again x

firstly WOW what a great achievement!!

And double wow!!!! Bex you are an inspiration to me, you started at exactly the weight I hope to be on Monday night at my first WI. And you did it girl, you lost all that weight - WOW!!!!

Like Claire says, you have noticed a few pounds creeping on (it's a tough time of year for that, so much temptation and rotten weather which isn't conducive to exercising) but you've got those 11lbs in your sights - maybe the CC people here could advise a good cal level for you to set? Or maybe just simply review the carbs and drop a few of them in favour of more veg and/or protein?

You can do it love, and we're all here to help you x

Wow, you have done amazing!!!
you are definitely a very determined person with a lot of willpower and talent to achieve what you have.

i wonder if maybe a fresh approach would help?
Your sidebar says you do calorie counting and exercise.
maybe a slimming club would give you support for the rest of your journey?

Thank you everyone :) I have done it through calorie counting and exercise ( despite a broken ankle for 6 months so just properly getting back into that now. Just don't want to start going down a slippery slope as it really has been very hard work to get to this point. I was thinking about maybe joining slimming world, might be good for maintenance aswell. x

It becomes much easier when everyone starts to notice :-D But will cost you a fortune in constantly replacing your wardrobe, have gone from a size 28/30 to a 12/14, lol

I was thinking about maybe joining slimming world, might be good for maintenance aswell. x

I'm in my first week of Slimming World - and there are lots of people here doing it too - and I have to say, i am loving it! Lots of cooking from scratch, but I like doing that. it just seems a normal way of eating. Give it a go! There are lots of ******* and woman's mag vouchers around at the moment :)

Thank you everyone :) I have done it through calorie counting and exercise ( despite a broken ankle for 6 months so just properly getting back into that now. Just don't want to start going down a slippery slope as it really has been very hard work to get to this point. I was thinking about maybe joining slimming world, might be good for maintenance aswell. x

Slimming world is great for learning us to eat healthy and cook from scratch. Ive been on it 12 weeks now and lost 1st 7.5lb i hope to be at target (2st 3lbs away) by summer this year :) all in all that will be 6-8 months i will have lost 3st 10.5lb which i think is great x it may not be the fastest way to loose weight but you will have better chance of maintaining if u lose it steady :) good luck and take a look at diary if u like. The link is in my signature x

Almost 11stone! Wow! YOu are incredible! :)

Well done on coming so far - hope your ankle is better!! Good luck for the next step! :)

Currently on my 5th week of SW and really loving it!
I think you'd find the group meetings very useful.

You could always try and see if you like it for a few weeks. It won't make you gain weight.

Bex you are doing exactly the right thing by addressing this now. Well done. Give SW a go if it appeals to you but stay to group I am going to stay this time I think it is going to make all the difference. And it does work if you follow the plan. And keep coming here, it is great support and there is always somebody willing to help. Good luck and huge congratulations on what you have achieved. Kudos xx

Back