please help,pasta probs!

jabonnie

hi
how come if you weigh pasta after its cooked you get more for your points than you would if you weighed it uncooked?

hope this makes sense!

i weighed some uncooked pasta, cooked it then weighed it again and was quite a lot of gms lower than the ww foods list allows for cooked pasta, i have been weighing it after cooked usually as my husband has bigger portions than me so is easier than messing about with 2 pans! (have enough washing up as it is!)

because pasta is dried and thus soaks up the water you boil it in. Point it dry weight.

because pasta is dried and thus soaks up the water you boil it in. Point it dry weight.

hmmm what's the difference? Surely if it states in the WW book the points for Pasta cooked then it won't make a difference whether it's weighed when it's uncooked or not?

if you want to weigh the pasta when uncooked then ok and just follow the WW book points for uncooked pasta, but if you rather point it when cooked, and the ww tells you how many points pasta is when cooked then why not carry on doing it this way?

different pasta weighs different amounts when cooked and it also depends on how long you cook it for, the longer you cook the more it weighs etc

different pasta weighs different amounts when cooked and it also depends on how long you cook it for, the longer you cook the more it weighs etc

but surely if this is the case WW would of realised this and just stated that you always weigh your pasta from uncooked rather than cooked. WW must have done it from average cooking, and pasta types! Therefore i still see no harm in weighing it once it's been cooked tbh if it's that much of a difference between the pasta types and cooking times then WW wouldn't have put in the book the values for cooked pasta tbh

Back