Please help... personal issues.... is anyone taking Anti depressants whilst on S&S?

x_kerry_x

If so, i need to know if this is ok. Ive just started some today and havent eaten yet but the pack doesnt say i need to eat with the tablet. Feel like complete *****!!
xxx

Hi kerance, I'm taking fluoxetine and doing the plan and have been doing fine. I take my tablet with my shake in the morning as I like to take them with something. If you're just starting to take them you might be better just eating normally until you start to feel better which may take a couple of weeks. I've been taking them for quite a while and waited until I felt more stable before I started dieting again. Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Its the first time ive ever taken them and feel awful... fuzzy eyes, head ache, belly ache and thats all on the one tablet. I havent had my first shake yet so mybe this is why. Perhaps i should take with my first shake but thats not until about 1ish.
Feel like ive taken drugs cus my jaw wants to tighten and feel like i need to gurn! awkward at work!
Gonna try tomoro with a shake but if still no change i will defo consult my doc again because i cant feel like this all the time!

Hi Kerance,

Like Mrs J708 I am on fluoxetine and I am ok on the diet. However, I have been taking them for about 8 years so my body is fully used to them. When I first started taking them they made me feel awful - sick and tired and didn't want to eat (strangely though when I actually did eat it made me feel better). You must ask your chemist/doctor though especially as you have just started taking them. Good luck!

XX

I have been on anti-depressants before - so I do have an idea of how they can make you feel sometimes.
While I haven't been on a VLCD at the same time as that sort of medication - I would advise you to speak to your GP asap. I know on LL - you are not advised to do the plan if you are bi-polar for example on medication (my OH's mum is on Lithium and can't do it) as there is some danger that the levels of the drug may be thrown out of balance with the increased amount of fluid in your system (i.e. it gets diluted).

Also - what day are you on? It is normal to feel woozy/headachey and a bit strange in the first 2 weeks - that is carbohydrate withdrawal and should generally pass. If you are feeling worse, nauseous and unstable - do consult your doctor. The dosage and the need for the medication (if it's something your body has only been receiving a few months) may be more sensitive to dietary changes.

Thats everyone, i think i will go to the chemist tomorrow if it continues and see what they suggest.
I started teh diet back in the beginning of jan, have had a few up and does the past 2 weeks... a SS day here and not there etc but never felt this bad... not even when i first started either. Think its just where im not used to it so i will speak to chemist! Thanks, your all fab :)

i did mention this to the doctor but she say no in the morning. Ive had a spag bol about 1 and seem to be ok, just feel off my head now but at least im smiling alot! i think im ultra senstive to tablets or my brain just thinks i should be happy now cus i took a pill!

i did mention this to the doctor but she say no in the morning. Ive had a spag bol about 1 and seem to be ok, just feel off my head now but at least im smiling alot! i think im ultra senstive to tablets or my brain just thinks i should be happy now cus i took a pill!

Awe bless you sweets.

I am the exact same though, I am very sensitive to meds, I took citro many moons back and I remember the teeth grinding, my anxiety was at a very high peek during those, I cut pill to 10mg for first few days and those affects subsided some what, Sadly it was the wrong type of med for me and I changed.

Hope you feel better soon.. xx

Back