Please let this be the final time

Angie44

Silver Member
Soooo I am back again bigger than ever :(
19 stone 6 on Monday so not only have I put on the weight I lost before but added 2 stone more a total of about 5 stone plus.
To be fair I had a lot of problems during that time including some stress and reactive depression that led me to putting a lot of weight on.
I am now fully recovered and driven to change the way I eat. Not just to lose weight but to actually give my body the respect it deserves by feeding it the right nutrients.
The olympics really spurred me on to look at longer term goals with short steps and targets that aren't based on weight alone.
  • So I want to go to thailand for my 50th in 2 years and don't want to be so big that I can't stand the heat and do the things I dream about.
  • I want to actually be able to just pull a pair of wellies on and off when I go to Glastonbury in June again next year .
  • I want to be able to buy some nice clothes in New York for xmas.
  • I want to be able to easily do the seatbelt up when I fly to Dublin in October as hen I went in May I could barely fasten it.
  • I want to be able to fit into a lovely size 18 skirt I bought ages ago so that I can wear it to Dublin.
Thanks to everyone in anticipation of the lovely support I know this place gives :)

I would recommend slim and save, if you've done lt this will be a walk n the park. The food tastes yummy and you're allowed meat and veg with it. Once I've lost the weight I'm thinking of doing judd to maintain. Good luck whatever you do

Thanks to another Angie :)
Very tempting but my hair fell out quite badly after doing a VLCD and it traumatised me So this time simple healthy eating but exploring the research about foods that boost weight loss such as calcium rich with higher protein but low calorie. Making sure I get at least my 5 a day, at least 2 litres of water a day and then superfoods like blueberries, strawberries, spinach etc :)

Angie44, I think you are right to do it through lifestyle change inc healthy eating, I have always in the past tried to do the quick fix diets and sadly they just have not been sustainable for me and always led me to gain not only the weight back I lost but much more besides!. I personally am a believer in the moderation thing so I calorie count / eat healthy regular meals each day, get enough fluid, have increased my exercise and also build in weekly food treats like a meal out with friends or family so I can still enjoy social eating. I wanted to improve my health and looks and knew that I wanted to start something this time around that I could keep up which is why I have done the calorie counting thing and its working wonders, I have lost 2 stone 10 lbs in just 11 weeks and for me losing weight whilst being able to eat well is so much better for me than losing weight through a restrictive diet. I think we all have to decide what will work for us some people operate best with an extremely strict diet for me as a person who is a binge eater, I knew I had to do the sensible healthy eating way and it works at the end of the day! Good luck with your weight loss, Em x

Emma when I read one of your posts in another thread it sonfirmed with me that I had make the right decision as your weight loss is wonderful.
I have decided to set my goals around events I have coming up. So my first weight goal is hopefully to get to as close as I can to 18st 6 by the time I go to an eighties weekend in a few weeks time as that is what I weighed 4 years ago.
I will then aim for my next step. In many ways I am trying not to focus on the nuumbers but just that they are decreasing :)

Well done for getting back into it.

I am the same I keep losing then putting it all back on & I am currently at my heaviest right now it is making me miserable!!!

I am starting again tomorrow - I am going to just concentrate on 1 mini goal at a time so 7lbs a month I would love to lose.

I need to eat less & move more - I am the laziest moo ever haha

Dxxx

sounds perfect Angie44, I think aiming for smaller goals is the way to go, I have always made the mistake in the past of putting all my focus on to the end goal and then it seems like a massive mountain to climb whereas now by looking at the weight loss in smaller chunks it feels much more manageable. I know from my top / start weight I would have had approx 11 stone 5 lbs to lose which would have been enough to make me give up whereas by just taking it a day at a time, even a week at a time I have already said goodbye to 2 stone 10 lbs of that amount in 11 weeks so its making me realise I could reach the target if I just do it in baby steps, I will not reach my goal until late next year no doubt but then again the way I was going I would have only been getting bigger if I hadn't started when I did. Also this is where the sensible diet comes into its own as it does make things easier as if you are still able to eat well and lose weight and it doesn't feel like a diet it is easier to stick with. I never feel like I'm on a diet nowadays yet the weight is coming off well purely because I have regulated my eating patterns and am drinking enough fluid and taking more exercise. I still strongly believe in food treats as well, only yesterday I went to Pizza Hut with a good friend of mine, I am basically on track eating healthy regular meals each day and then about once a week or once a fortnight I have a meal out and each day I allow myself a small treat food usually in the evening as that would always be my munching time.

I think you will get there, it just takes time but this site can be so helpful as everyone is really supportive and we all want to lose weight long term, good luck hun, Em xx

Back