• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Please recommend

S: 15st11lb C: 15st4lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 0st7lb(3.17%)
can someone recommend a lowish syn pre made white sauce for lasagne, i will make my own red sauce syn free, and the only one i could see was dolmio for 23 syns for the jar any ideas anyone i do not like cooking with flour and oh does not do 'slimmin' food

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mel2

Silver Member
S: 19st11lb C: 17st6lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 2st5lb(11.91%)
I doubt that you will find a pre-made one without too many syns. When I make lasagne I use fat free greek yoghurt mixed with an egg as my white sauce and top with my hexa cheese.It tastes really nice and my hubby doesn't even notice.

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
I make a cheese sauce using laughing cow. Melt 8 light triangles in a little milk and stir until smooth and pourable.

This sauce is 2 HEXA so if eating half of the recipe, just 1

carla75

loves to chat & post
S: 11st9lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
When macaroni cheese was free in a tin, (I don't know how many syns is now as going back to slimming world tonight) I would puree it with my whizzer and a tub of quark and my healthy a choice of parmesan (as stronger flavour than cheddar etc so dont need as much) season with S and P_) then spread it on, good with quorn moussaka:) atc

S: 18st7lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 5st9.5lb(30.69%)
Last time I made lasagne I just used the dolmio one but 1 jar makes 2 lasagnes for me so only worked out bout 3 syns for the sauce per serving.

Those who use the yogurt and eggs-what is it like? I havent made it yet cause didnt want to "ruin" a lasagne or cauliflower cheese since I didnt like that sauce. It just sounds a bit odd to me! lol

kel86

Silver Member
S: 14st0lb C: 13st6.0lb G: 9st6.0lb Loss: 0st8lb(4.08%)
Last time I made lasagne I just used the dolmio one but 1 jar makes 2 lasagnes for me so only worked out bout 3 syns for the sauce per serving.

Those who use the yogurt and eggs-what is it like? I havent made it yet cause didnt want to "ruin" a lasagne or cauliflower cheese since I didnt like that sauce. It just sounds a bit odd to me! lol

hiya when i first read the recipe that uses fromage frais i thought it was going to be gross
but actually it really nice, its now one of my favurite meals :)

S: 15st11lb C: 15st4lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 0st7lb(3.17%)
well found a recipe online with delia which uses 60g plain flour, 40g butter and milk, the milk i can use as the hexa, and will syn for half the flour and half the butter as the sauce is for 2

oh and just in case i mess up have a back up white sauce ready lol