Please try and convince me fat brides can look nice :-/

I'm getting married in just over three weeks. My dress is a size 20. I'm a size 16/18. I'm not as slim as I would have liked to have been, but I know my h2b loves me as I am now & however I will look in the future. He's marrying me because he loves ME, not what size I am.

I'm going to make every effort to have 100% weeks between now & then. I'm also looking forward to having my hair, nails & makeup done & making the best of what I've got!

You've got 7 months to get yourself sorted & looking the best you can. You can do it! :D Good luck! x x x

Right. There is no point in trying to convince you about larger brides, because clearly that is exactly what you dont want to be, if it was, then you wouldnt need convincing. You arent happy with your size, and no matter how much we argue that you will look beautiful - you need to feel beautiful in yourself.

I have lost nearly 4 stone and am about to declare target, and thats with 5 months on SW. So now it is your turn.

You have the absolute best reason in the world to sharpen up your mental focus and really tackle this. The best way for you to feel beautiful on your big day is for you to know that you did your absolute best to look beautiful. As Jaylou pointed out, you could lose 60lb or so in the next few months.

Here is what you do. You stick to the plan like glue. You do different themed weeks to keep it interesting and full of variety. Fish weeks, red weeks, green weeks, EE weeks, scan bran weeks, (yes, I know, but they work!!) If you find one of the plans give you better losses, do more of them, but still alter the components from time to time to keep your body on it's toes.

YOU can do this - stuff LL, you need to eat and you need to have a healthy attitude towards your food. We will support you and applaud you when you post your beautiful wedding photos. You have so much time to do this, but no time to waste. So lets get cracking, shall we?

Couldn't have put it better myself!

CP, you're such a stunner!!

Melearnz, I can't add much to the advice already given, except that if there is a particular part of your body that you're not so keen on (other than the weight, i.e. your arms, back, etc.) then think about covering it up with a flattering dress.

I look back at my wedding pics and don't really like the ones from the back cos all I can see is back fat lol! But my friend got married the week before I did and wore a lovely dress which had a lace overlay covering the bits she didn't like.

WOW!!!

Thanks for the vast response!!

To clear up a few things.....That picture was taken in January and 3 stone has managed to creep on since then. I was about 12.5 stone in that pic, if i could get down to that for the wedding i will be happy!!

I am going to do what was recomended and do 'weeks'.

starting tomorrow - (I need to get a list together and be prepared) i will follow the plan 100%. stick to 5 - 10 syns a day, keep a diary (food and normal) and plan special weeks to keep it interesting!!

im not bothered about buying a dress off the rack, so if i get one the month before from debenhams then so be it....but i will be slimmer!!

Right. There is no point in trying to convince you about larger brides, because clearly that is exactly what you dont want to be, if it was, then you wouldnt need convincing. You arent happy with your size, and no matter how much we argue that you will look beautiful - you need to feel beautiful in yourself.

I have lost nearly 4 stone and am about to declare target, and thats with 5 months on SW. So now it is your turn.

You have the absolute best reason in the world to sharpen up your mental focus and really tackle this. The best way for you to feel beautiful on your big day is for you to know that you did your absolute best to look beautiful. As Jaylou pointed out, you could lose 60lb or so in the next few months.

Here is what you do. You stick to the plan like glue. You do different themed weeks to keep it interesting and full of variety. Fish weeks, red weeks, green weeks, EE weeks, scan bran weeks, (yes, I know, but they work!!) If you find one of the plans give you better losses, do more of them, but still alter the components from time to time to keep your body on it's toes.

YOU can do this - stuff LL, you need to eat and you need to have a healthy attitude towards your food. We will support you and applaud you when you post your beautiful wedding photos. You have so much time to do this, but no time to waste. So lets get cracking, shall we?

how wonderfully inspirational - THANK YOU xx

WOW!!!

Thanks for the vast response!!

To clear up a few things.....That picture was taken in January and 3 stone has managed to creep on since then. I was about 12.5 stone in that pic, if i could get down to that for the wedding i will be happy!!

BANG! We have a target! 3 stone in 7 months is 7lbs per month which I think is very do-able. It even allows for a bit of leeway for Xmas & New year, cuz whilst you shouldn't go overboard on food/booze, you shouldn't deprive yourself during the festive season either.

Set yourself a target such as 3 stone, break it down into mini targets and reward yourself for a job well done when you reach those targets.

And remember, we're all here cheering you on every step of the way. You can SO do this-we're gonna blooming well make sure that you do!

Just want to put my oar into this thread. In my job (which i cant post about on here due to advertising etc) I see a lot of brides. Ones who want to lose weight, and ones who dont. Ones who try and fail, and ones who succeed.

At the end of the day, when you have the dress on, the hair and make up done, and your posing for your photographs, trust me - you'll feel a million dollars.

But its not about being a "fat bride" its being about how YOU feel.

because unless your name is Muriel, you only get to try on loads of pretty dresses once in your life :)

LOL I've always wanted to be brave enough to go and try on dresses just for the hell of it :D

I got married in New York in May 2009, and went from 16st to 13st 6lb for my wedding day. Have attached a picture at the bottom for you to see how a "fat bride" can look; pretty fierce :D

Having said that, I think the advice you've had so far has been spot on: you need to feel happy in yourself, so if that's Xst lighter or the weight you are - it doesn't matter. It's the most amazing day of your life, so enjoy it.

Attachments

• kate wedding.JPG
    kate wedding.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 17,037
I got married in New York in May 2009, and went from 16st to 13st 6lb for my wedding day. Have attached a picture at the bottom for you to see how a "fat bride" can look; pretty fierce :D

Having said that, I think the advice you've had so far has been spot on: you need to feel happy in yourself, so if that's Xst lighter or the weight you are - it doesn't matter. It's the most amazing day of your life, so enjoy it.

You look so happy and radient! :D x

Hi there

I just wanted to say I felt exactly the same as you when I got married in 2007. I was so worried about going dress shopping, and if I found one I liked, how it would look on the day. I was a size 16 when I got engaged.

I tried dieting all the way up to the wedding. I didn't enjoy the preparation for my big day as much as I should because I was too busy being down about my weight. I overate for comfort, and by the time I got married two years after getting engaged I was a size 18.

Despite being larger than what I had wanted for my photographs, on the day, it really didn't matter. Don't get too worried about the 'larger' dresses. My dress was a size 28 due to the smaller sizes of bridal gowns. I chose a heavily boned dress with decent corsetry, and I dropped about 2 dress sizes thanks to being pulled in a bit!

I felt beautiful on the day, and everyone complemented me on my beautiful dress. So, please try not to worry about what you will look like on your big day - enjoy the build up, and look forward to marrying the man who loves you for who you are, and you will glow of happiness!

Ps. Lucky you getting married in such a lovely place!!!

Hi there. Way back in 1993 my wedding dress was a size 26 and I looked and felt gorgeous. It is a case of being confident in who you are and not what your dress size you are. Dont let such a trivial thing as size define who you are. I am much more than a measurement. I am a good mum, loyal wife (of 17 years) and I am still happy being me.

You look amazing.

Hi there. Way back in 1993 my wedding dress was a size 26 and I looked and felt gorgeous. It is a case of being confident in who you are and not what your dress size you are. Dont let such a trivial thing as size define who you are. I am much more than a measurement. I am a good mum, loyal wife (of 17 years) and I am still happy being me.

What a great post.

I know we are all here to lose weight but feeling good about how we are now is important too and yes, it is about so much more than size. :)

Indeed you do look fabulous Rhooby! Hope I'm as happy and smiley in my bridesmaid dress on 20th November - hate getting my photo taken!!

im not getting married but i wish i was- there was some truely inspiring words in this thread! people get so hung up on what the scales say or the label in clothes! just try on some dresses and see what looks best who cares what it says in the label! and if all else fails theres always spanx! my hero! xxxx

Back