Pls kick me up the bum

ronniejacobs

Gold Member
Ok my head knows that even though i am not going to class next week as am on hols and out and a bout all week I want to lose 2lb by the week after.... however had a crap week and have not followed plan tuesday, or yesterday or really today not been majorly over but enought to need a kick.

back on it as much as i can tomorrow but am at a funeral tomorrow,
out for a birthday sat and to friends on sunday. I will not be too naughty and just ensure i get back on it on monday. Thank god i have you guys for support or i would go mad.

You will be fine Ronnie, sounds like you have a bit of an uppy downy fortnight. It happens. If you can syn as much as you can and stick to the plan a bit then great, if not, forget it and start afresh after the half term.

You will still get to your goal, in good time, just go with the flow, and as soon as you are free and clear, start afresh. If you dont lose your 2lb the week after next, its not the end of the world. You'll get there.

You just need time to get your head in the right place and I'm sure you will. Consider this a gentle kick :D

Don't be too hard on yourself - sounds like you have a lot going on and its a tricky week/fortnight for lots of reasons.

My advice? Sit down with a planner/diary and work out the times you CAN stick to plan, and work from there. Don't go totally *offplan*!!!! Flexi syn as much as you can, and drink plenty of water. Have free foods aplenty in the fridge/cupboard and write it all down.

You can do it! :) xx

Hi Hun

I know you have a lot on at the moment but try not to see that as a reason to not stay on plan. I can honestly think of a reason every day why I might struggle if I was to look at it from a negative perpective (e.g. I am meeting a friend I haven't seen for months today, I am going out for drinks tomorrow, my family are coming for a barbeque on Sunday, I am going for a pub lunch on Monday)

If you use these things that happen to us every day as a reason why you can't stay on plan, you will not succeed at this. I never ever overate in normal circumstances- I used to read articles about people who were big and ate takeouts/pizza/tons of chocolate etc and used to think "it's so unfair I NEVER eat like this" but what I used to do was make excuses for all the 'special' occasions in my life and why I could eat/drink too much on those occasions. Trouble was, if I added up all those occasions they were almost every day.

life happens- we have to find a way of dealing with those occasions without overeating. Why should going to a funeral really make you break your diet? Why should going out with friends do the same when you have a daily syn allowance?

I know this may sound harsh, but if you really and truly want to lose weight you have to not make excuses for youself.

Here ends the butt kicking

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ronnie your last few weeks put mine into perspective. You really have had a time of it but I will send you your bum boot cos you must need one to ask. Im sending a agroup hug too you cos you deserve it so try to get through it all and start again.:grouphugg::asskick:

:asskick: There you go! Great advice from CP. It's easy to say you've got things on , but all situations can be SW friendly. If it's a buffet, stay away from anything with pastry. Pub lunch, baked potato with filling. All you have to do is keep your thinking head on and do the best you can and then draw a line,start a food diary and PLAN. Then you'll soon get back on it.

thanks guys well lunch was a sandwich with ham, coleslaw (mum in law made it) and a small packet of hula hoops. dinner will be pork, new pots and veg so that will be fine

found out that tomorrow is in a pub so will do steak (they cook it on hot stones in front of you) and jacket pot and syn a dessert if i want one.

sunday is a all you can eat chinese buffet so i can make 'sensible' choices but still join in with the other people we are out with. all other meals will be cooked by myself and cooking large turkey breast on monday which will do lunches and dinners the rest of the week
thank you all for my kick up the bum. want to be at target by sept so want 1st 11ish off by then

i cant wait def looking forward to it.. then i have a full week to lose 2lbs at least - plenty of free food, off work so no rubbish in my house lol (no money for rubbish)

Back