Pls tell me more about WW...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Edwin, 13 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    SW is no longer working for me and WW seems to offer varitey yet restricted portion control.

I have looked at the website but there doesn't seem much info on there about the basics (as obv they don't give the info away for free).

I think I know how many points I could have a day but don't know how I could spread this out.

I know there is loads of WW food available which seems great but I'm wondering about the 'basic' foods and what sort of point values they are - eg fruit, veg, eggs, cereals.

I'd just like to know a bit more to decide whether it would fit into my family life etc.

Thx for reading.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. TryAgainer

TryAgainer Member

Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    I've just changed over from SW to WW Discover Points. In my second week. During the first week I felt very deprived not being able to grab fruit or yoghurts to fill a gap.

This second week it doesn't feel quite so bad.

If you look at the menus above, I think you will find some sort of information what you can have through a day from various people.

4. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    hey Edwin, how many points are you allowed a day?

heres an idea of what i would eat in a day (i'm allowed 23 points per day)

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/4pt soya light milk / skimmed milk (1)
    L - 2 slices bread (3) 30g philadelphia light (1) lettuce, tomato, cucumber (0) 100g grapes (1) apple (0.5) multipack bag french fries (1)
    T - quorn curry (2.5) (made with 1/2bag frozen quorn chicken style pieces (2.5), tinned tomatoes, various spices, stock cubes, onion, butternut squash, peppers, mushrooms, fresh chillies, salt and pepper (0) and 60g dried weight cous cous / rice / bulgar wheat (3)

total: 16 points, leaving 7 points for my favourite in between snacks etc.. such as:

cadburys creme egg (3.5)
    cadburys curly wurly (2.5)
    cadburys fudge (2)
    pack walkers baked crisps (1.5)

or you could construct a fourth meal for that many points!

the great thing about WW is that i could substitute my main meal for a takeaway - a mushroom foo yung from the chinese is 5.5 points, and a portion of boiled rice is 6, so i could have that and still have a point left over from my daily allowance.

If you're coming from slimming world then you must know that planning ahead is key to succeeding and WW is no different - you just eat what you want in smaller, controlled portions which is the reason I've never done very well with SW myself! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.