Point free cheese sauce....nearly!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Loulabella, 28 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Loulabella

Loulabella Gonna be skinny!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey people....I have made a nice little discovery...

I bought some dairy free cheese sauce mix a while back as it was low in points....have avoided using it thought it would be pants....BUT just made a lasagne for tea and thought what the heck - i'll try the sauce....

You make it with 300mls water if your a vegan (vegan cheese sauce mix) but you can use milk which I did....

Made with water, it's only 26kcals per 100g...and trace sat fat! AMAZING....

So, I have just made a cheese sauce - with 300 mils milk hardly anything at all.... Am having the cheese sauce between 2 peeps...so the cheese sauce if made with water is 1 point....and as made with milk is literally like 2 points....1 per person - wicked stuff....

Oh andf thought i'd add, it actually tastes really nice. :D

Free and Easy Dairy Free cheese flavour sauce mix...bought from sainsburys. In the free from section. :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I've often looked at the dairy free cheese sauce mixes but thought they might taste awful - might give that a try. How does it compare with something like Coleman's cheese sauce mix, I wonder?

4. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmmmm - well, I actually dont think it's too bad. Honestly.... I have put 60g of Les Kol on the top - 2.5pts! :D

5. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

I normally get mine from Holland and Barrett but will try this. As a vegan its hard to find nice tasting stuff sometimes.

Great find

6. nannis

nannis Silver Member

Diet:
    sw
    Thanks for that, will definately add it to the ever growing list!...I love pasta with sauce, but was thinking today what other than passata I could put with it :)

7. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I tried that stuff too with cauliflower and thought it was pretty good - you need to eat it pretty quickly or it goes a wee bit runny - or that might just be my cooking skills ;)

I made mine up with water and it was ok too - and added a bit of French's mustard which always makes things taste a little cheesier somehow.

8. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :D Mine was in a lasagne and made with milk and was really really nice. The bf - who is anti veg stuff - said it was lush! He did have extra cheese on his tho! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.