Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Point free cheese sauce....nearly!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Loulabella, 28 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Loulabella

Loulabella Gonna be skinny!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey people....I have made a nice little discovery...

I bought some dairy free cheese sauce mix a while back as it was low in points....have avoided using it thought it would be pants....BUT just made a lasagne for tea and thought what the heck - i'll try the sauce....

You make it with 300mls water if your a vegan (vegan cheese sauce mix) but you can use milk which I did....

Made with water, it's only 26kcals per 100g...and trace sat fat! AMAZING....

So, I have just made a cheese sauce - with 300 mils milk hardly anything at all.... Am having the cheese sauce between 2 peeps...so the cheese sauce if made with water is 1 point....and as made with milk is literally like 2 points....1 per person - wicked stuff....

Oh andf thought i'd add, it actually tastes really nice. :D

Free and Easy Dairy Free cheese flavour sauce mix...bought from sainsburys. In the free from section. :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I've often looked at the dairy free cheese sauce mixes but thought they might taste awful - might give that a try. How does it compare with something like Coleman's cheese sauce mix, I wonder?

4. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmmmm - well, I actually dont think it's too bad. Honestly.... I have put 60g of Les Kol on the top - 2.5pts! :D

5. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

I normally get mine from Holland and Barrett but will try this. As a vegan its hard to find nice tasting stuff sometimes.

Great find

6. nannis

nannis Silver Member

Diet:
    sw
    Thanks for that, will definately add it to the ever growing list!...I love pasta with sauce, but was thinking today what other than passata I could put with it :)

7. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I tried that stuff too with cauliflower and thought it was pretty good - you need to eat it pretty quickly or it goes a wee bit runny - or that might just be my cooking skills ;)

I made mine up with water and it was ok too - and added a bit of French's mustard which always makes things taste a little cheesier somehow.

8. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :D Mine was in a lasagne and made with milk and was really really nice. The bf - who is anti veg stuff - said it was lush! He did have extra cheese on his tho! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.