Points earned wearing heart rate monitor

Rissole76

Hi guys
Just thought Id share this as I think its briliant. I was never sure how accurate I was pointing my activities, as quite often it says for example "walking briskly" or just "aerobics", surely people burn calories differently when exercise due to alot of different factors. So I invested in a heart rate monitor so I knew how many calories I was burning exactly using my stats. That still didnt help with the amount of points earnt as it was very vague, so I googled (as you do) to find out the formula they use to work out the activity points. Now according to wikipedia, the current propoint system is 70 cals = 1 Pro point (the old system was 50=1). So now I can exercise, check how many cals I burnt, and do the maths! So for example the other day I walked for 10 mins, then did a 20 min run, I burnt 280 cals, there for 280/70 = 4 pro points. I feel alot happier that I am not guessing. If I entered this online it comes up 5 points. More so I think it helps those who are not online members.. anyway hope this helps someone :D

I thought it was 40 cals to 1pp

I just got this of the link you posted

The range of calories for one PointsPlus point is approximately in the range of 35-45 calories, in contrast one Point had a broader range of approximately 25-80 calories

Activity Points Under PointsPlus

The prior system described in U.S. Patent 6,663,564 at Col 6, lines 14-61, provided one activity point for approximately every 100 Calories expended vs. 1 Point of food having approximately 50 calories. The formulas used under the PointsPlus system must still be identified; however, if the same ratio of exercise to additional consumption is maintained, then each new activity point would correspond to 70 Calories expended vs. 1 PointPlus of food having approximately 35 calories.

Rissole76 said:
I got the information from Wikipedia, here is the link or just type weight watchers formula into Wikipedia, it seems pretty conclusive -
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers
And an interesting read

Wikipedia isn't conclusive as anyone can edit it. I'll email WW and see if they can back it up.

Yes, thats what wikipedia is for!! Well obviously weight watchers aren't going to back up anyone giving out their formula are they?! Obviously someone has figured out the formula, and that's how third parties can make applications to be used as weight watcher calculators. So that those of us that can't afford to go to class or do it online, or dont have one near them, or frankly whatever their reason, it gives you the tools to lose weight and hopefully not make your way to an early grave!!!

There are always people on these forums trying to help people in their journey by sharing hints and tips on their way, that hopefully someone else may find useful. Then there are others that simply want to argue and nitpick what people have to say. Your clearly one of them. Hope if makes you feel better cause you just come across as a miserable git!!! Get a life!!

Yes, thats what wikipedia is for!! Well obviously weight watchers aren't going to back up anyone giving out their formula are they?! Obviously someone has figured out the formula, and that's how third parties can make applications to be used as weight watcher calculators. So that those of us that can't afford to go to class or do it online, or dont have one near them, or frankly whatever their reason, it gives you the tools to lose weight and hopefully not make your way to an early grave!!!

There are always people on these forums trying to help people in their journey by sharing hints and tips on their way, that hopefully someone else may find useful. Then there are others that simply want to argue and nitpick what people have to say. Your clearly one of them. Hope if makes you feel better cause you just come across as a miserable git!!! Get a life!!

Calm down!!! No one was nit picking.. And I think the ladie was trying to help above ... So how was she being miserable ...

I think the only One that needs to get a life here is you, might want to grow up to! Because you sound very childish

People are trying to help!

Rissole76 said:

Wow, I need to get a life? You got stressed over 2 sentances. I don't want people being given imcorrect information - my bad. I said nothing even remotely wrong, miserable or immature. If you can't hack people responding i'd think twice about being on a forum.

Wow, someone just shared their opinion, I don't see why you have to get all riled up on that and what you said was very rude.
Tbh, activity points ARE very confusing.
I've been wearing a heart rate monitor for over a year now just to see what I burn and yes, I also use the 70 cals = 1 activity point.
But there is no way to be certain if this is correct at all, as someone else said, wiki isn't always right, and that is why I personally do not touch the activity points.

Rissole76 said:

I'm sorry you're out of order with this. Anyone can go on to Wikipedia and say anything so actually suggesting checking with WW is a sensible idea. Your outburst was totally unwarranted and quite honestly makes you look bad no one else. The post YummyMummy made was perfectly reasonable and polite and didn't deserve the reply you posted

Can I point out the name of this forum is a weight loss SUPPORT forum. Being rude to people like this is not what this forum is about

Rissole76 said:

Wow! Calm down love, there was no need for that :-/

Back