Points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Lighterlifer, 21 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey guys Im starting on Thursday morning, was just wondering if I will be able to buy a points calculator from the class then or do I have to order online? If I can does anybody know how much they cost? Thanks x:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not sure how much they cost but youll usually find your class leader has some. Id definitely recommend one. Id also be interested if you get it, or if anyone else has one, does it have lists stored. Im back to using an ancient purple coloured one. I had a blue one from several years ago which had basic food items, and take away things already programmed in.

4. smartlazydaisy

smartlazydaisy Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The points Calculators are £6.95 for Members on their web site, I had one from a few years ago and sold it on ebay for a profit!!!

Marie

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

The new points calculators are just that, calculators. The old ones with the food lists on were databases and calculators, I'm not sure if they still do them anymore.

I have both, but to be honest I haven't used to database for well over a year...I prefer to use the calculator to work out the points in my food, just to be sure...I don't always trust the basic foods list.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Marie. I found the database handy when I was working late shift and we were ordering dinner lol

I wouldnt be without my calculator

There are loads on ebay...one auction ending in 20 mins ;)

7. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use a database too. :) although its a few years old.

I find it handy for the 'basics' when dont know what points a certain food has, as I havent got any WW books.

I am suprised they dont make the database any more ?? I think its a very useful item.

Deb x

8. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    so do you guys think i should invest in a calcultor then?? xx

9. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think the calculators are worth the money. I'm not a big fan of the databases because food is aways changing, therefore calories and sat fat in them are as well. I prefer to keep working it out myself - or using the most recent shopping guide.

The shopping guide is a lot cheaper to replace then a database calculator.

I'd definately recommend investing in a calculator.

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id definitely invest in a calculator. I keep mine in my bag all the time, its handy for instance I was at my parents for dinner so had my dad shout out the kcals and SF in the salmon fillet and the croquettes so I can work them out there and then.

Its great when you go shopping too, if youre not sure about something it takes the guesswork out of it.

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh and I keep all my points noted in a wee A6 size notebook, I write down what Ive eaten, the points and how many Ive left for the day. I keep it in my bag too, so if Im out I can jot things down, might sound sad lol but I know from experience how good I am at forgetting things Ive eaten when Im out

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I would definitely invest in a calculator, it's the best thing I even bought!

I got mine on Ebay last year (along with the up to date - at the time - shopping guide), there are usually loads on there, they're not very expensive and easily small enough to carry around in your handbag (which I also do).

If you do get one then I think you'll be really glad you did.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.