Pole Dancing

evanesco

I'm the tortoise.
Are there any pole dancers out there? I started last January and was immediately hooked. I bought a pole that resides in the middle of my rear lounge. However I suffered a massive shoulder injury last August, and it's now just decorating, so I need to get back on it. GP says I'm healed enough, but to take it slow.

I done pole dancing for my hen weekend. I loved it but I am just to big to really do it properly. I'd love to find classes locally so that when I am slimmer I can learn to do it

pmsl....if I had a pole installed it would bend and pull the house down.......hee hee, I have heard its a great way to tone up......but will be a while before I even contemplate the idea .

Good luck x

I am going to a local class in 2 weeks when i am back from my little holiday :D really looking forward to it, my friend is a instructor so can badger her for extra time and tips! Just got to save up for a decent pole as i know i will want to practise all the time at home x

k8te, i fully recommend getting an x-pole. They do budget payments to, so you can pay in installements and when its all paid for they send it to you. I've finished my current uni assignment, so I intend to get on mine this evening for an hour. First time in well over 6 months. My pics are on face book, I Might upload one for my avatar if i get time.

Or not, i'm too much of a newbie for an avatar. Any my pole album from facebook is here that was last year, from when I was a beginner. I'm not going back to classes just yet (i'm trying to pay my debts off first and the good classes here are £12.50, the cheap ones are only £6 though)

Wow your pictures are great! I'd love to be able to do that, when I get to goal I am definately going to take lessons!

awesome pics :D totally inspiring!

It's not permenant per se, I just don't taking it down. I leave it up, saves time. Thanks for all your comments, I can't wait to get back up to my 'butterfly' level. That was my defining moment for me. I took up pole dancing after I got attacked and had my confidence shattered. And after nailing the butterfly I hit a point where I realised I had control of my own life. I love it.

Last edited:
I love poledancing, I took lessons after losing weight with LL but then I got fat again :cry:
Can't wait to start back again when I lose a few st, can't wait. I have an x-pole but we recently moved house and I don't trust the strength of the ceilings- it's a new build, and there are already wee cracks all over the place! Maybe I'll not care when I hit target, but until then the pole is staying down lol x

I dunno why I'm avoiding it really. My best pal has just got back on hers, 10 weeks after having a baby, and at 236lbs. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I only have a 1 bed flat but when I get a house I want to get a pole and have lessons

I dunno why I'm avoiding it really. My best pal has just got back on hers, 10 weeks after having a baby, and at 236lbs. I just can't bring myself to do it.
WOW fair play to your mate! I don't even know her but she has inspired me, I'm going to ring the pole-dance studio tomorrow and book on, even if I start from beginners again til I lose some weight and increase my confidence. You should go for it too! x

She's my inspiration indeed. We started lessons together last year. I really was going on today, but I have a really valid excuse. My wii fit came! I've waited for so long, so I've done 30 mins on there.

I did it. I just spontaniously decided to get back on. Did 30 mins, plus 10 mins splits stretching. I'm not nearly as bad a I thought I would be. My daughter came downstairs and told me off for banging lol My splits are further off than ever though, so I intend to do my stretches whether I've been on my pole or not. I'm gonna start a progress report for them. Splits are notoriously difficult to train your body to do, but for most people, it really is posible. I can still invert, but my abs are so out of touch I can only manage a couple.

I have leg stretchers to help me with the splits but I have tidied them away somewhere and not used them for ages! I really should dig them out again!

I have leg stretchers to help me with the splits but I have tidied them away somewhere and not used them for ages! I really should dig them out again!

Oooo, you're brave. I'm not sure I'd dare use them. I have extremely tight hamstrings, so it's the long, slow route for me.

Back