POLL:- do you agree we should pay for missed weeks?

Should you pay for missed weeks?

• Yes

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
I was just wondering as i dont think we should as we dont sign a contract and its not like they bank on our money!
Its just i cant afford to go last week and this week just gone and can possibly go next week but may have to pay and this is putting me off really cos i dont feel like i should pay for nothing?
x

I think its harsh tbh....

I dont go as refuse to pay full stop - tight arse I know but I dont think I would gain anything from it (personally)

Wasnt you allowed a few weeks holiday if you forewarned them?x

we have a book we put our name in if we cant make it then we don't get charged.

in my class if you let them now in advance that your not going to be there you dont have to pay and i think you can do this 4 times in 1 year..i think that they tell you that when you 1st join..so it down to you to let them know really..

Don't you get 4 x sessions holiday per year? I've not been a SW Member long (and can't remember the first time around) but when I was at WW, you got 4 sessions that you could miss and not have to pay for.

I don't think it's fair, but I guess it's to keep us coming back week in week out.

well the thing is I am now thinking I may aswell go it alone anyway as where i start my new job tomo and i will be doing shifts of either 7 am till 7 pm or 7pm till 7am 3 days a week, I havent got a hope iun hells chance of getting to my meeting for 7pm on a wednesday night.
Spose i will just use you guys as i know the fundementals.
x

it's 6 times a year, you can miss class as long as you tell them in advance.

I know it seems harsh that you have to pay for not being there, but it is the consultants living and if you don't go and don't pay, then she/he will never know what money is coming in, and she/he has bills to pay too. If you take an evening class for example you pay for whole course, even if you don't attend them all, same as kids with swimming lessons, also it makes you commit....i know my kid didn't miss swimming as it was/had to be paid for.

Yh FNM we are here to help - I have gone alone since starting and am ok - ill help ya too if needed!?x

I think its only fair that we pay for missed classes....afterall, its a business and as someone else said, the consultants job.
To be honest, if I missed more than 3 weeks and had to pay, it would be well worth just rejoining again. £9.50 to rejoin against £13.50 for 3 missed weeks?? Makes sense doesn't it?
Its only courtesy letting your consultant know that you're not going to be there, I work shifts and as long as I tell mine when I'm working, shes happy for me to miss that week and I don't have to pay!

Sam
xxx

TBH I never saw it as a business to the consultants :/

Tough one!x

it's 6 times a year, you can miss class as long as you tell them in advance.

I know it seems harsh that you have to pay for not being there, but it is the consultants living and if you don't go and don't pay, then she/he will never know what money is coming in, and she/he has bills to pay too. If you take an evening class for example you pay for whole course, even if you don't attend them all, same as kids with swimming lessons, also it makes you commit....i know my kid didn't miss swimming as it was/had to be paid for.

I agree with every word well put x

Tough one!x
yeah its defo a buisness,my cousins a consultant..its hard for her coz you build up a friendship with the group members and then 1 week they dont turn up and they dont let her know so she has to charge them..and you can tell there thinking you ***** why did you do that..but hey thats life shes got to make a living:)

I went to SW for several years and as I'm a shift worker, I didn't have to pay for my missed weeks so long as I told the consultant before the weigh in day. You can tick the shift worker box on your form when you join. I do think it's fair to pay for missed weeks when you're just 'nicking off' cos you can't face weigh in, but not when you have to work. Although tbh I did sometimes abuse the shift worker thing and say I was at work when I wasn't:ashamed0005:. My group was massive though, so my consultant wouldn't have lost too much money for the odd times I nicked off.

Our group is getting the chip and pin soon, think in the next 2 weeks, so we've all been told to let them know if were on shifts or away so they can input our info onto the computer, anyone else with their group?

Tough one!x

Even if you didn't see it as a business for the consultant (though I'm sure they don't do it for fun ;) ) Sw as a whole is a massive concern as is any diet organisation and is definitely a business on a grand scale.....and they are the ones that make the rules!

Sam
xxx

Oh i didnt know that you could let them know you are on shifts.
I start my new job tomo so I will soon know hwat shifts I am working so I might just go it alone till I know and then start back but i did let my consultant know both times i havent been able to make it as I only think its polite. Whether she even knows who i am (which i doubt it as shes never even weighed me or spoken to me lol) thats another question.

Hi
Our SW consultant always says I am here 52 weeks of the year that is my commitment to you so she expexts commitment in return.
I personally think 6 weeks a year holiday is very good and for shift workers you can let her know in advance. I also think it does keep you commited to class as knowing I would have to pay if I missed.
Chip and Pin is in our area and coming to our class soon.
Irene

Hi
Also I think that SW give members the most weeks holiday per year.
I originally started SW and it was a Tuesday night class, however the SWC has combined 2 classes and it is now a Monday night which is not really convenient for me, I went for quite a few weeks and she allowed me to miss when I couldn't go - very good of her but since the chip and pin system has started she can't do this so I have gone to the original night with a new SWC.
Irene

Back