Poorly cat.

autumnbabe

Gold Member
Had to take my cat to the vets today. She came in last night and she didn't seem right. She had messed over the floor in the morning and it was a really deep purple colour. Vet says she has eaten something or drank something. Also Vet has gave her 2 injections and said see how she is by tomo. So bit upset. Got to tell my daughter when she finishes school that she is really poorly. She is my daughters baby. I'm getting upset now knowing how she will take it.
Will update you as soon as

Awww! That's awful! I have cats too & I just adore them- they're so resilient and strong, they're tougher than they look! I really hope wee puss recovers speedily x

Awww lets hope she gets better soon. X

We have been giving her water all day with a syringe.(it has dhydration stuff in it)
She doesn't seem to be picking up. Although she just been for a wee.!
Think I need to get up early tomo before my daughter just in case. Think we will know more by the morning. ! My daughter keeps coming to sit with her.

aww, sorry to hear that. I have four cats so i love them. Hopefully she will recover soon, how old is she? my thoughts are with you keep us posted. xx

She is only 4. She is a British short haired called lexie she is beautiful and a really gentle personality.
Will keep you up to date

Oh poor girl, hopefully she's over the worst and just needs time to chill and recover now. We've just had an ill boy cat, he ended up in the vets for a week and had to have an operation, thankfully he's on the mend now but it's been so worrying as he was really poorly for a while. There were a couple of days after we had him home following the op where he seemed to be getting no better and it was awful but he seemed to perk up all of a sudden one day and he's been on the up since then. :)

Do update if you can - breaks my heart to hear about poorly kitties and I really hope she's feeling better soon xxx

Oh bless you all. I hope you have only good news.

My lil boy was very sick a while back with a blocked urether and it was heartbreaking to see him so ill. He did eventually rally round tho and is much happier now x

Oh bless you all. I hope you have only good news.

My lil boy was very sick a while back with a blocked urether and it was heartbreaking to see him so ill. He did eventually rally round tho and is much happier now x

That's what happened to our boy, he was a recurrent blocker so he had to have the surgery. Glad your boy kitty is on the mend! Ours had the the surgery two weeks ago and is doing well now, apart from his poor shaved bottom ;) x

Hey.!! Just thought I'd update you. Took lexie back to the vets today. They gave her another injection. Some anti biotics, and some paste for her to eat.
She is drinking on her own now and I did buy her some Sheba little trays of food. So she has been having little bits of that and keeping it down and in. Lol.
Hopefully now she will keep getting better. Vet says it is gasterentris. Can't afford to take her again as its so expensive. Its cost £150.00 just for 2 appointments 3 injections and 6 anti biotics pills.
She is worth it though. Sure she will be back to herself soon.
Then what do I do. Do I keep her in and not let her out. What a dilemma.!

Great news, you must be so relieved.

I don't imagine puss will want to be out on the tiles just yet. I would give it a couple of days for her to recover fully and then let her out.

Last edited:
I don't think I want to let her out again after this episode.
She seems a little better this evening. So she should be on the road to recovery now.
Thanks everyone for your kind words

I don't think I want to let her out again after this episode.
She seems a little better this evening. So she should be on the road to recovery now.
Thanks everyone for your kind words

I don't blame you and I'm really glad she's feeling better! Do you think she'd be happy being a house cat? Ours have always been house cats so know no different. I would imagine its harder if they are used to being outdoorsy cats though. We just try to make sure that ours have plenty of places to hide, places they are allowed to scratch and lots of toys and things to play with.

Either way I'd look at getting her insured if you can while she's still young - we pay just over £10 per month each for our two and it just saved us a vets bill in excess of £2k! Tbh there is no way we could have afforded to treat the boy without it and I'm thanking everything that we insured him when we did.

Back