Pop

wowser

Hello there.

Can I ask you a quick question please. Is there a limit to the amount of coke zero / dr pepper zero I can drink?
On diet day 3 and I have been drinking LOADS of the above to combat hunger. But how much is too much, and does it count in your daily water intake? And why can I have these drinks but not my favourite Pepsi max?
Thanks
L

I'm only new myself (day 4) but this is what I've learnt from here.....
1. some say 500ml of Coke Zero, some drink unlimited. Any fizzy drink is bad for you with all the additive etc BUT if it kleeps you on track then drink. Just be aware that losses may not be as great as if you didn't drink it.
2. Pepsi Max probably has citric acid in it which effects Ketosis. I'm a pepsi fan too, can't stand coke so I've opted for a glass of Dr Pepper Zero a day!

Good luck x

Yes - SnS suggest a limit of 500ml a day. It won't take you out of ketosis but all diet drinks create an insulin response from your body (because it reacts as if there is sugar in the drink) and higher insulin levels tend to lead to storage of fat. Probably not too much of a problem whilst ou're on a VLCD but not ideal.

Most diet drinks contain citric acid which takes some people out of ketosis. Dr Pepper Zero and Coke Zero do not. There are also a couple of own band drinks which are ok but I don't know what they are. There is a thread which details it which you could search for.

Dr Pop - morrisons version of Dr Pepper is citric acid free. just wish i could red a red bull type drink without it :cry:

Xero is also ok - Tescos own brand of coke zero. One thing I've learned so far, one of the things I had previously labelled as hunger actually turned out to be trapped wind, so drinking it to combat "hunger" could be making it worse if you've had the same label! :)

Thanks.

I know I do drink too much fizzy sweetened pop. Tryin to wean off it. A bit at a time. Bread, potatoes and everything else carb-like is hard enough without giving up my pop too right now :)

Back