Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

pork - help please

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Little Miss Happy, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi ladies,
    So, I'll admit, I'm a bit thick when it comes to meat that's not chicken! :sigh:

Anyway, I want to make a pork casserole one night this week - but, I don't know what kind of pork I need to buy!! There are loads in the supermarkets, sliced into chops, minced and so on (I know I don't need mince! lol)

There was even a packet of casserole pork, but it looked like it was quite fatty...

So... what am I looking for?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question - hope someone can help :eek:

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    You can use any cut of pork to make a casserole. My fave pre SW was pork belly but its LOADED with fat so these days I use trimmed pork medallions or a pork loin. They're nice and lean and when cooked slowly they remain juicy. Treat it like chicken breast.

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    For people who aren't on a diet 'casserole' cuts of meat usually have more fat in as they stay tender and juicy despite the long cooking.

For SW recipes, I would just recommed getting the leanest piece you can find- probably pork fillet, but don't get too bogged down with finding the exact cut- as long as it is lean that is your main concern if on SW

xxxx

5. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's great - thank you ladies, really appreciate you getting back to me
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.