pork - help please

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Little Miss Happy, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi ladies,
    So, I'll admit, I'm a bit thick when it comes to meat that's not chicken! :sigh:

Anyway, I want to make a pork casserole one night this week - but, I don't know what kind of pork I need to buy!! There are loads in the supermarkets, sliced into chops, minced and so on (I know I don't need mince! lol)

There was even a packet of casserole pork, but it looked like it was quite fatty...

So... what am I looking for?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question - hope someone can help :eek:

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    You can use any cut of pork to make a casserole. My fave pre SW was pork belly but its LOADED with fat so these days I use trimmed pork medallions or a pork loin. They're nice and lean and when cooked slowly they remain juicy. Treat it like chicken breast.

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    For people who aren't on a diet 'casserole' cuts of meat usually have more fat in as they stay tender and juicy despite the long cooking.

For SW recipes, I would just recommed getting the leanest piece you can find- probably pork fillet, but don't get too bogged down with finding the exact cut- as long as it is lean that is your main concern if on SW

xxxx

5. Little Miss Happy

Little Miss Happy Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's great - thank you ladies, really appreciate you getting back to me
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.