Pork scratchings

FatGirlSlim85

Sorry me again! So, I totally adore pork scratchings and imagine my joy when I discovered they only had 0.4g carbs in a bag! I just wanted some advice on whether they will stall weight loss because they are so high in fat and calories? Eating a bag of them will up my calorie intake by about 450 cals, so on top of all the fatty cheese I have I'm worried I'm going towards 2,000 cals for the day even though my carb intake is below 20g. Do we just ignore fat and calorie content completely, or are pork scratchings taking the proverbial so to speak?

Steph xx

I eat scratchings all the time with no problems, they are perfectly legal - I would possibly wait until you are a couple of weeks in though.

most people on Atkins ignore calories completely and eating fat is perfectly fine, in fact it is encouraged so try not to worry. It can be a difficult idea to get used to as it goes against what we have always been told about how to lose weight but it does work!

fat only makes you fat if you eat it with carbs

Pork scratching should be fine. More likely to stall from dairy so worth keeping that under control!

Although you don't need to count calories if you overeat than can cause problems. Once in ketosis your appetite should drop. Listen to it and eat till satisfied not stuffed (even if it tastes fab). The fat promotes satiety but you still have to listen:)

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that cheese should be limited to 3-4 oz per day? It is easy to stall by eating too much cheese and cream etc x

Thanks guys, I will continue to munch them then- yay :)

I love my pork scratchings, probably have 2-3 bags a week - sometimes have them as lunch! The chilli flavoured ones from Waitrose are divine!

Back