• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

porridge oats

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
S: 11st7lb C: 11st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
S: 18st5.5lb C: 11st2lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 7st3.5lb(39.42%)
28g raw porridge for your HEB but no sorry you can't have more if you don't have the scan bran/ryvita. Try bulking it out with fruit - a banana works well or some fresh berries.

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
28g dry porridge oats.

And no, you DO have to eat the Scan Bran - that's what gives it the fibre to even count as a HEX at all

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
S: 11st7lb C: 11st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
but you could have 56g as which would make up 2 hex b's??

Well yes if you're on Green/Red (not EE) you get 4 HEXes and you can spend them on what you like - so 56g porridge oats and 2 Scan Brans - but thats your HEXBs gone for the day.

LisaC

Gold Member
S: 17st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 40.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Well yes if you're on Green/Red (not EE) you get 4 HEXes and you can spend them on what you like - so 56g porridge oats and 2 Scan Brans - but thats your HEXBs gone for the day.
And remember to count the milk from your HEX allowance if you use that in porridge.

Arctic-BNG

Talks to self!
S: 19st3.5lb C: 18st10.5lb G: 16st0lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 0st7lb(2.6%)
Don't use your HEa on this!

Make up with water and pinch of salt, very Scottish. Then add a mullerlight instead with fresh fruit.
I had 0% Total yoghurt with blueberries this morning. Sorry, but have tried scanbran once? That was enough!

I don't do my oats in water, I just mix them in with chosen mullerlight and leave in fridge overnight. Then in morning just add some chopped fruit in :) yummy x

jane Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

ermintrude said:
28g dry porridge oats.

And no, you DO have to eat the Scan Bran - that's what gives it the fibre to even count as a HEX at all
Hmm - though SW had changed their advice recently about whether you have to have all of a hex for it to count as a hex?

Hmm - though SW had changed their advice recently about whether you have to have all of a hex for it to count as a hex?
But that was regarding splitting, or eating only part of, things that already qualify as a HEX - eg instead of 350ml milk OR 28g cheddar you can have 175ml milk AND 14g cheddar; OR you could just eat half of your HEX eg 3 FinnCrisp instead of all 6. But 3 Finn Crisp/milk & cheddar *already* contain enough fibre/calcium (par weight) to qualify as a HEX. Porridge doesn't which is why you're supposed to eat the ScanBran.

Dont quote me on it, I dont set the rules and Im willing to be told Im wrong, but I cant see how 28g of porridge on its own could logically qualify as a HEX. By all means do it on the odd occasion, but it's not strictly a HEX if its not on the list.

Hey, I eat WW Malted Danish *every day* as my HEXB and I know damn well it doesn't have enough fibre to count as one :rolleyes: - but Im not trying to say it does :D

Mm, also they now seem to have separated "cereals & crispbreads" into separate sections of "cereals" and "crispbreads" - but all the cereals that needed a crispbread to be a HEX still have it attached, even within the plain "cereals" section.

But that was regarding splitting, or eating only part of, things that already qualify as a HEX - eg instead of 350ml milk OR 28g cheddar you can have 175ml milk AND 14g cheddar; OR you could just eat half of your HEX eg 3 FinnCrisp instead of all 6. But 3 Finn Crisp/milk & cheddar *already* contain enough fibre/calcium (par weight) to qualify as a HEX. Porridge doesn't which is why you're supposed to eat the ScanBran.

Dont quote me on it, I dont set the rules and Im willing to be told Im wrong, but I cant see how 28g of porridge on its own could logically qualify as a HEX. By all means do it on the odd occasion, but it's not strictly a HEX if its not on the list.

Hey, I eat WW Malted Danish *every day* as my HEXB and I know damn well it doesn't have enough fibre to count as one :rolleyes: - but Im not trying to say it does :D
:D- to be fair, I'm a bit of a stickler for the rules so I have always (rather begrudgingly I might add) choked down my scan bran unless I 'forget' to add it.

I think you might be right on the splitting thing though.

I am rrreeeeeeaaaallllly anal about rules.... :eek: (but I still never stick to the damn things... :rolleyes: )

As long as I know precisely what rule it is that Im not obeying all's fine cap'n... :cool:

C: 11st10lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3
I crumble my scan bran and then put the oats and some sweetner and cinnamon on top cover it all with hot water, bung it in the microwave and then slice a banana an some fromage frais or any yog on top. Creamy delicous extra filling and you never notice the scan bran !!