Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Porridge question...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by naomi1611, 1 February 2009 Social URL.

1. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi everyone
    I have tried twice and failed twice to make the porridge texture edible. How do you all make yours? Maybe i need to try a new method. At the moment it is coming out like the gravel from outside:sign0137: Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stoney

Stoney Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I get my hubby to make mine!;)

I tried and failed several times. Don't know what he does so can't help but I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Good luck xx

4. minnie

minnie Member

Hi,
    I just use half a sachet and mix with some boiled water and put in the microwave for about 30 secs. I use the ordinary flavour and add some cinnamon and sometimes some ginger. I mix it fairly runny and it thickens up a bit in microwave. It might work better if you give it a stir or two as it's cooking. It's funny really as I have never been able to eat porridge even as a kid I hated the texture, but I do like this.

Good luck

5. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi Naomi, I just add mine to 140mls of hot water and whisk with a folk, put it in the microwave for 45mins, stir then let it cool,mmmm.

6. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

:eek: 45 mins? :D

7. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I put about 160mls lol then do the same, I have a tefal quick cup so doesn;t make the water boiling and tastes scrummy

8. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Berry - off topic but how do you find your quick cup? I've been interested in one for a while now but wasn't sure.. does it just heat to a nice temp if it doesn't boil it?

I do as above, add to water, mix with a fork, 50 seconds in my micro, let it stand for a minute.. that's it :) it swells up after that time so is no longer runny and has a lovely skin on (which I like). :D

9. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    sorry, i meant 45 secs.lol

10. Tinsel

Tinsel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, 150/160 ml hot but not boiling water whisk with a fork microwave for 1 minute good stir and done

11. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love my quick cup!! Had it about 7months now

It makes tea really hot, I can drink it very hot, but still can;t drink it! Also with green tea and even doing a hot shake (as not meant to use boiling water!!) it's fab

It heats up to 83degrees like a heating element that instantly does it, it's very very quick!! I put my cup under press the button, then walk off to let the dog out in the garden and it's there ready to be stired:D:D

12. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ok thanks guys. I was thinking i wouldnt bother getting anymore porridge sachets as it was cleary not working out. Think i will buy 1 more on Saturdays weigh in and try one last time. Hope it works it would be great to feel like i am having some brekky:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.