Porridge question...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by naomi1611, 1 February 2009 Social URL.

1. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi everyone
    I have tried twice and failed twice to make the porridge texture edible. How do you all make yours? Maybe i need to try a new method. At the moment it is coming out like the gravel from outside:sign0137: Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stoney

Stoney Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I get my hubby to make mine!;)

I tried and failed several times. Don't know what he does so can't help but I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Good luck xx

4. minnie

minnie Member

Hi,
    I just use half a sachet and mix with some boiled water and put in the microwave for about 30 secs. I use the ordinary flavour and add some cinnamon and sometimes some ginger. I mix it fairly runny and it thickens up a bit in microwave. It might work better if you give it a stir or two as it's cooking. It's funny really as I have never been able to eat porridge even as a kid I hated the texture, but I do like this.

Good luck

5. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi Naomi, I just add mine to 140mls of hot water and whisk with a folk, put it in the microwave for 45mins, stir then let it cool,mmmm.

6. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

:eek: 45 mins? :D

7. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I put about 160mls lol then do the same, I have a tefal quick cup so doesn;t make the water boiling and tastes scrummy

8. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Berry - off topic but how do you find your quick cup? I've been interested in one for a while now but wasn't sure.. does it just heat to a nice temp if it doesn't boil it?

I do as above, add to water, mix with a fork, 50 seconds in my micro, let it stand for a minute.. that's it :) it swells up after that time so is no longer runny and has a lovely skin on (which I like). :D

9. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    sorry, i meant 45 secs.lol

10. Tinsel

Tinsel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, 150/160 ml hot but not boiling water whisk with a fork microwave for 1 minute good stir and done

11. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love my quick cup!! Had it about 7months now

It makes tea really hot, I can drink it very hot, but still can;t drink it! Also with green tea and even doing a hot shake (as not meant to use boiling water!!) it's fab

It heats up to 83degrees like a heating element that instantly does it, it's very very quick!! I put my cup under press the button, then walk off to let the dog out in the garden and it's there ready to be stired:D:D

12. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ok thanks guys. I was thinking i wouldnt bother getting anymore porridge sachets as it was cleary not working out. Think i will buy 1 more on Saturdays weigh in and try one last time. Hope it works it would be great to feel like i am having some brekky:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.