1. Dismiss Notice
  2. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Porridge

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Hopeful123, 20 February 2014 Social URL.

1. Hopeful123

Hopeful123 Member

Hi. I'm struggling with being full in the morning ( I walk to work). I love porridge but the oat allowance isn't enough for me! I was wondering if I added quinoa or millet flakes or barley flakes to bulk out my porridge the would still be syn free?? Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Wegle

Wegle Well-Known Member

Remember you should be having 1/3 super free with each meal. So you could too your porridge with a banana or a big handful if mixed berries. I usually make porridge with just water and put a bit extra water in and cook it for slightly longer. This seems to bulk out the oats a bit more too.

4. Hopeful123

Hopeful123 Member

Yes I know. I do loads of excercise though and it doesn't fill me up so was wondering about the other grains I mentioned (which are all syn free) would still be free in porridge?

5. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

Quinoa would be free but I doubt barley or millet flakes would be, as things that are flaked tend to be less filling and so are synned eg flaked rice. Some people make a fruity cous cous so that may be an option (make up cous cous, add yoghurt and fruit) or rice pudding. x