Portion size check up against stats..

Silver Lady

Someday Soon i hope x
Okay just to run this by you am i eating too much...

just a typical day

Height 5'7
Weight 13st
Size Large 14

Lifestyle - Very Sedentary

Breakfast All Bran 70g 2 Hexb's

Lunch Pasta 150g (uncooked weight) Mixed vegetables, quorn meatballs x 5

Dinner Mixed vegetables and cottage cheese 3 tablespoons

Snacks 3 - 4 Apples 2 muller lights

Drinks 8 pints Sugerfree Juice, 3 black coffees

Apologies if this is in the wrong place :)

Silver Lady said:

just a typical day

Height 5'7
Weight 13st
Size Large 14

I don't think you can really work it like that to be honest-alot of it has to do with whether you are satiated by the food! That's the beauty of sw-eat until you are full :)

Silver Lady said:
Just to add i struggle with portion sizes because the medication i am on has a tendency to increase my appetite therefore i rarely feel full. x

Just make sure you eat plenty of superfree. What you have listed looks ok tho :) just notice the 2x HEb for breakie-after kingleds pointed it out-thats one thing that I'd look at changing

Last edited:
Silver Lady said:
Thank you thats good to know :), its just the weight loss is pretty slow at the moment x

Maybe you're not actually eating enough! I was advised by my doc and my consultant to check my actual calorie intake, and even tho I was on plan, u hadn't been eating enough which is why my body wasn't willing to lose weight quickly. HTH x

Silver Lady said:

just a typical day

Height 5'7
Weight 13st
Size Large 14

I would say you need to do some sensible swaps. For example, breakfast. Try having 1 x heb with some fruit rather than 2 HEB's. For lunch, I'd say 150g para is too much. Myself and my hubby at that amount between us. Dinner looks more like a snack than a meal to me & if it were me I'd be swapping 2 of those apples for carrot sticks or some other fruit to try in get greater variety, and not eating 2 mullerlights a day.

I would say you need to do some sensible swaps. For example, breakfast. Try having 1 x heb with some fruit rather than 2 HEB's. For lunch, I'd say 150g para is too much. Myself and my hubby at that amount between us. Dinner looks more like a snack than a meal to me & if it were me I'd be swapping 2 of those apples for carrot sticks or some other fruit to try in get greater variety, and not eating 2 mullerlights a day.

okay thank you i will cut down on the pasta and mullerlights shouldn't i be having 2 heb's though?? :)

Silver Lady said:
okay thank you i will cut down on the pasta and mullerlights shouldn't i be having 2 heb's though?? :)

If you follow the green plan then yes you do get 2xheb but what I think she is meaning is to maybe not have them both in one meal. Also, where are your HEa? As you get 2 of those on green days aswell :)

Welshtigger said:
If you follow the green plan then yes you do get 2xheb but what I think she is meaning is to maybe not have them both in one meal. Also, where are your HEa? As you get 2 of those on green days aswell :)

That's what I meant. Maybe use 1 of your hebs as a snack later in the day instead of the muller light.

Interesting comments :)

I ususally have 2 HXb's for brekkie and don't find it a problem. Cereal allowances are so small one is not enough!

I do green and only have meat 2-3 days a week. If I'm on a meat day I syn my extra cereal (I eat Alpen so I miss out the second scan bran and syn it at 5).

I agree that it can be good to change things up but just wondered other than that if there is any reason why I'm doing it wrong? (I do have my HXa's every day and beans or eggs if I'm not having meat)

It's not that you are doing it wrong hun. I always just try to get my super free into every meal, so I have fruit with cereal & a yogurt in the morning. I then have a heb left over for a snack later. The OP is having both hebs & 2 muller lights a day, so I just just suggesting some swaps.

It's not that you are doing it wrong hun. I always just try to get my super free into every meal, so I have fruit with cereal & a yogurt in the morning. I then have a heb left over for a snack later. The OP is having both hebs & 2 muller lights a day, so I just just suggesting some swaps.

Thanks, just curious what your thinking was really :)

Silver Lady can you incorporate some exercise into your sedentary lifestyle? It doesn't have to involve jumping around ;) I have just been doing extra walking. It would benefit your health generally but should also help boost your weightloss.

Well i do actually walk the dogs for a mile each day but it feels very sedentary to me compare to what i used to do. x

Ah, you are not quite as sedentary as I imagined!

Makes me wonder what you used to do though? :rolleyes: (imagines marathons, channel swims, parachute jumps....)

I think mebbe a bit more protein is needed. A variety of HE's and vary the breakfasts

just a typical day

Height 5'7
Weight 13st
Size Large 14

I agree with what other people have said about the breakfast, using both of them so early really restricts the rest of your day. Why not have toast and fruit so you're just using the one? Or a nearly-free fry up - sausage, beans, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, egg? Still got all your HEXes to play with then.

Lunch - do you really need all that pata AND five meatballs? Id halve the pasta and/or ditch the meatballs and double the veg.

Dinner is nowhere near enough IMO... but then youve got a very big lunch so maybe it evens out?

Snacks - thats about 500 calories just in your apples and Mullers. I know this isn't a calories-diet but that is a bit of a lot to spend on snacks. Id cut it to one Muller a day, replace some of the fruit with superfree veg (tomatoes, baby sweetcorn, snap peas, carrots, homemade coleslaw or whatever it is thats your thang) and if you've maneged yo save one of those HEXes you normally spend at breakfast you could have it here on a HiFi bar, or 2 Alpen light, or some crispbread with cheese or something.

And as other people said you need your HEXAs in there.

Its generally pretty good though :) Just tips on how to make it better if you're having trouble )

Is the cottage cheese at dinner not a HEXA??

I think the whole thing is fine except the 150g of pasta, thats really quite a lot, I'd half that, still have the meatballs and add more veggies

Lanarkwitch said:
Is the cottage cheese at dinner not a HEXA??

I think the whole thing is fine except the 150g of pasta, thats really quite a lot, I'd half that, still have the meatballs and add more veggies

No, cottage cheese is not a hea. Fat free cottage cheese is free, or low fat is syns, but none are hexa's

Back