Portion Size - RTM :)

RichyRich15

Hi,

Just to let you all know I started my RTM last night - it's not going to be for 12 weeks as I am going away in 3 weeks, it's more about getting my body used to food and introducing it early on so it doesn't have a bad effect when I go away and relax. So this isn't my "official" RTM journey, I just think it will be best for me.

I had a chicken breast last night, and gave a little bit to the dog as I was full! I had a tbsp of fat free cottage cheese, my mouth was exploding with flavours. I was so nervous before hand, and scared to eat anything. After months of being 100% Total, and avoiding even kissing my girlfriend after she drank, or ate food! I had to eat myself. But I suppose that "fear factor" is good, because it shows I care. I have put alot of hard work in, and sacrifised many things. I am so glad I started again in Febuary.

Anyone, quick question.

I plan to have tuna in brine tonight, is a tin ok? size wise? I don't know the portion size yet as I am new to this, and want to follow it by the book.

Thanks guys x

Hey RichyRich, I'm so sorry that you haven't had any replies sooner - this part of the board tends to be really quiet so I think we all forget to check it. I suspect you made your decision re. the tuna a few days ago ;) but yeah at the beginning of RTM a tin of tuna sounds about right. I've found now that I'm into week 5 that it's a bit much as I'm combining it with so many other things. Have a fantastic holiday :)

BTW, is it you that I follow on Twitter? (Same name) I am ZMummy :)

how are you finding rtm now? i got to week 5 ( alcohol week ) and thought i knew it all, i also discovered a love of some foods i had always hated before. cottage cheese , salmon and 0% greek yoghurt to name a few ( not all together lol). i also discovered that some foods i had always enjoyed i now hate, tuna being the main one.
i think youv made a very adult decision in doing a few weeks rtm before you go on hols. youv done so well so far. welldone! xx

Thanks Carrie. :)

Yes, it's going very well. I have a tablespoon of virtually free cottage cheese with everything I eat. I love it!

This time round, there's much more adult decisions going on. I know at some point I have to start introducing things from week 3/4/5 etc. When I go away, I plan to enjoy myself. This first week is going well and i've stuck to it 100%.

I know next week I have to blend mostly week 2 with some week 3. And so on. I just don't know how to go about it. At some stage I want to have 2 meals and 2 packs. Up it each week, or day. That's what I need advice with.

Also, everynight in Magaluf ill be drinking. So i need to introduce abit before I leave. I just dont know when the best time to do that is? Dont want to collapse after afew drinks in magaluf :( lol

Any advice would help alot. If I was to drink, and you were in my position...when would you introduce it? And what is best to drink?

Vodka diet coke? Captain morgans ok? Thanks :) x

id def say spirits with coke zero as there is no carbs, one thing id advise though is now your body is so much smaller than what it was when you last drank youll find a lot less will get you smashed. im guilty of not following that advice myself ( hangs head in shame lol) and my fave drink was always a double voddy with diet coke, no ice in a small glass.... i could easily drink 8+ of these on a rare night out but yep you guessed it after one i was gone!! cheap nyt though but just pace yourself..... easier said than done in magaluf so maybe have water in between just so u can last the duration?

as for rtm, there is a shortened 4 wk version, maybe speak to your llc? i think its more for the returners and after lite but it better than only getting so far then not doing any plan at all? i didnt complete rtm last time so im not the best for advice in that departement but alcohol? im your gal lol. xx

id def say spirits with coke zero as there is no carbs, one thing id advise though is now your body is so much smaller than what it was when you last drank youll find a lot less will get you smashed. im guilty of not following that advice myself ( hangs head in shame lol) and my fave drink was always a double voddy with diet coke, no ice in a small glass.... i could easily drink 8+ of these on a rare night out but yep you guessed it after one i was gone!! cheap nyt though but just pace yourself..... easier said than done in magaluf so maybe have water in between just so u can last the duration?

as for rtm, there is a shortened 4 wk version, maybe speak to your llc? i think its more for the returners and after lite but it better than only getting so far then not doing any plan at all? i didnt complete rtm last time so im not the best for advice in that departement but alcohol? im your gal lol. xx

Thanks again Carrie!

This is not my "official" RTM as I've said before, Im only following the first couple of weeks to introduce the food before I go away.

I plan to get right down to my goal weight when I return, and I plan to start the RTM, from week 1, from the start for 12 straight weeks.

Thanks

no probs, i think if you do the full rtm shortened at least then you can eat anything on hols. very adult choice to return to plan and complete rtm when you get to goal. well done xx

Back