Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Portion Size

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by anita1975, 28 September 2010 Social URL.

1. anita1975

anita1975 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi everyone,

i know it is a strange question. but what is the best portion size?

when i am on a green day, i do fill up my plate, and try to stop eating when my tummy tells me to.

put what is the best porition size. i have noticed, i plate up an awful lot on green days, and never get partially eaten plates back. i am thinking am i filling up to much.

what do you guys think and what do you do.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    well, we have a plate full at most meals. Have a look on the pictures thread, that will give you an idea on the amount of food people are having

4. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I was a bit confused about portion size as well. I had a bit of an episode last week when I knew I was full up but I didn't stop eating my pasta until it was all gone! It didn't hinder my weight loss as it's a free food but what I do now is serve up quite a small portion but leave more in the kitchen, and if I'm still hungry I go and get more. Just seems to make it easier to not eat quite so much!

Emily

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

When I do pasta I weigh out 100g dry weight per person which is a big amount! I do this mainly so I don't cook too much of it, if I cooked more I would eat more and this is a large portion.

I have very big meals, I eat until I'm very full :)

I wouldn't worry to much unless you are full to bursting and then reduce what you eat.

6. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Anita I would have thought that as you have stayed the same for 3 weeks that maybe you're thinking your portions are too large? Perhaps cut back a bit and stop eating before you feel full (to give your brain time to get the full signal from your tummy) and maybe the losses may start again :)

I appreciate that it is a free food but the fact remains - if you eat more calories than you burn up during the day - you won't lose weight!

7. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use a smaller plate, about 2/3 size of a regular dinner plate and eat as slow as I can. That way because it takes 15 minutes for your brain to tell you that you have had enough I have eaten less. Back before I started I ate at lightening speed (really bad habit) and so I ate a lot more than I do now before I felt full.

8. jojogonnabeslim

jojogonnabeslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world

I'm not at the stage of a smaller plate but deffo started eating slower and it works!! I have actually left food on my plate which i never did and more often than not my OH has finished before me which is brill cos i used to rib him for being a slow eater and i've lost more weight since doing this!
    Jo x

9. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Bulk it out with veg and stop when full, dish up less, if still hungry get more

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.