Portion Size

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by anita1975, 28 September 2010 Social URL.

1. anita1975

anita1975 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi everyone,

i know it is a strange question. but what is the best portion size?

when i am on a green day, i do fill up my plate, and try to stop eating when my tummy tells me to.

put what is the best porition size. i have noticed, i plate up an awful lot on green days, and never get partially eaten plates back. i am thinking am i filling up to much.

what do you guys think and what do you do.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    well, we have a plate full at most meals. Have a look on the pictures thread, that will give you an idea on the amount of food people are having

4. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I was a bit confused about portion size as well. I had a bit of an episode last week when I knew I was full up but I didn't stop eating my pasta until it was all gone! It didn't hinder my weight loss as it's a free food but what I do now is serve up quite a small portion but leave more in the kitchen, and if I'm still hungry I go and get more. Just seems to make it easier to not eat quite so much!

Emily

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

When I do pasta I weigh out 100g dry weight per person which is a big amount! I do this mainly so I don't cook too much of it, if I cooked more I would eat more and this is a large portion.

I have very big meals, I eat until I'm very full :)

I wouldn't worry to much unless you are full to bursting and then reduce what you eat.

6. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Anita I would have thought that as you have stayed the same for 3 weeks that maybe you're thinking your portions are too large? Perhaps cut back a bit and stop eating before you feel full (to give your brain time to get the full signal from your tummy) and maybe the losses may start again :)

I appreciate that it is a free food but the fact remains - if you eat more calories than you burn up during the day - you won't lose weight!

7. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use a smaller plate, about 2/3 size of a regular dinner plate and eat as slow as I can. That way because it takes 15 minutes for your brain to tell you that you have had enough I have eaten less. Back before I started I ate at lightening speed (really bad habit) and so I ate a lot more than I do now before I felt full.

8. jojogonnabeslim

jojogonnabeslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world

I'm not at the stage of a smaller plate but deffo started eating slower and it works!! I have actually left food on my plate which i never did and more often than not my OH has finished before me which is brill cos i used to rib him for being a slow eater and i've lost more weight since doing this!
    Jo x

9. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Bulk it out with veg and stop when full, dish up less, if still hungry get more

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.