Green Days Portion Sizes (for pasta, rice, potatoes and other foods too)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mushy Peas, 18 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys

This is my second week doing SW properly. I lost 3lbs in the first week which I was delighted about but half way through this week I feel fatter than I did last week. WI later in the week will tell I suppose.

Anyway I was wondering about portion sizes as I was thinking that may be the problem, particularly for foods like pasta, rice and potatoes. I don't eat meat so I only do green days. Any advice re portion sizes please? Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed full!

4. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I follow EE so I try to have a 1/3 of my plate as carbs, a 1/3 meat and a 1/3 veg. It depends on wether carbs affect you or not - If I eat to much bread I become really bloated so I think SW helps as I only have 2 slices 400g wholemeal a day, fills my bead craving enough without the horrible side effects. I guess as you are only doing green days maybe try to have those carbs as healthier options i.e, brown rice, wholemal pasta etc?

5. MrsDetermined

MrsDetermined Better drink that water!

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - w/o group
    On green they are free but theres no need to go mad just because they are free. :)

So eat until you are full and dont worry about portion sizes because they are free!

6. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Mushy Peas, I asked a question similar a while back as Im veggie & didnt know if I was eating too much pasta/potatoes etc. I feel with SW eat until you're full, but not stuffed! Don't worry about how much you eat, once you've made things a few times you'll have a good idea of what kind of portions you like.

For 6 months I did green days & have recently tried red days, basically quorn & veg, so it superfree! And I love them, give them a try if you get bored on green (Im sure you wont) :)

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    The general 'rule' is - Eat until you are comfortably full - well done on your loss so far.

8. Lianna

Lianna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You might feel fatter because your bloated drink plenty of water this helps and green days work better with water x

9. Speranza

Speranza Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do green days too and felt exactly the same as you. I was sure I would not lose anything on my second week but to my surprise I lost 2 and a half pounds even though I did feel as if I had eaten too much. I'm getting into the swing of it now and try to stop eating when I feel full. I find that pasta bloats me so I tend to eat more rice and potatoes. Good luck with your weigh-in :)

10. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the replies guys - I really appreciate it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.