Portion sizes

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Any one else still have a problem with this? I look at other peoples mfp diaries & think how on earth do they feel full on 100g of potatoes? I have between 250-300g. I am still within my 1350 calories though. I guess cos I don't tend to snack or have pudding it maybe doesn't matter.....

Actually Lexie, that's something I have just recently tried to look at (after not losing for 3 weeks). 90 gms of pasta is nothing, I was definitely under estimating before and have tried to measure portions more over the last week.

As long as you have the calories and it's within the fat rules, then have what you need.

I think 200g baked potato is a good size at 140 kcals it fits in palm of my hand like what they say etc I have portion issues with meat like steak, chicken, Also with sweet stuff!

I find portion problems with Pasta, i always tend to do too much. But my sister is doing ww so she has a certain portion she has which i think is something like 90g which is loads and fills you right up. I find that if i think my plate will look a bit empty, i always do some tinned peas!!! (they go with everything!)

I do loads of veg every night but I'm a carb junkie & love potato (God job I married an Irish man hey lol). I guess when my calorie allowance drops again I'll have to look at it. Glad it's not just me though xx

The lovely tfk recommended a free iPhone app to help With this problem it's called carbs and cals and it gives you photos of food portions and how much that tends to equate to I found it useful! X

Mizkirsty said:
The lovely tfk recommended a free iPhone app to help With this problem it's called carbs and cals and it gives you photos of food portions and how much that tends to equate to I found it useful! X

I might get that .. Bet it will be a bit of a shock tho x

portion control is one of my big problems. along with weekends, wine, week ends away, etc etc.

poppy100 said:
portion control is one of my big problems. along with weekends, wine, week ends away, etc etc.

Being sociable is not healthy ! Or having fun ahaha only joking but does feel like that sometimes x

It does a little bit sometimes. I had a disagreement with a friend about not wanting to go to Pizza Hut with the kids for tea. She said my diet was spoiling things we like to do as friends. Really upset me at the time x

Lexie2005 said:
It does a little bit sometimes. I had a disagreement with a friend about not wanting to go to Pizza Hut with the kids for tea. She said my diet was spoiling things we like to do as friends. Really upset me at the time x

I think it would upset me too.. X

Lexie2005 said:
I got over it when I told her that wasn't true & that there were plenty of places I can eat just not pizza hut!

Have you been out with her since??

Back