Positive action and positive thought thread

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I probably shouldn't post this until I've actually DONE it but positive thoughts lead to positive actions and my positive thought for today is ....

I'm going to use my new (free from freecycle) rowing machine today for 10minutes (v. gently as still recovering from the lurgy). Yay me.

Anyone else achieving some positive thoughts or actions?

NO negative comments at all on here please. Which means no saying "I didn't do it even though I said I would" etc.

:party0011::party0049:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Can't believe only one person has looked at this. Does noone feel positive? Does noone want to share that positivity? Ok, i'll do it all on my own.

4. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I am determined not to ever let anyone make me feel fat again...

5. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    i will feel good about myself and reach my goal ahead of time to make sure i feel great in my wedding dress:D

debs x

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

I am not going to let my skinny ass friend drag me down...just hate it when skinny people go on oh ive nothing to wear..eh hello were in the real world your a size 8 love get over it!!! Rant over :(

7. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am feeling positive cos I kicked butt giving a presentation to the whole research institute on Friday and people were interested in what I was talking about! I got so much positive feedback that I am floating around completely oblivious to the fact I have to also present it at a conference this Wednesday! Good thread Dancing - give people some time tho - Monday can be hard to feel positive about!

8. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am feeling positive because I am walking so much this last week, that I am feeling I might even be able to stretch to a jog, I'm going to try doing some jogging when I go for my walk today :)

9. bluemoon

bluemoon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante plus a meal
    My positive thought for today is "today is a good day" and my action is to smile.
    Great thread Brownwyn and I love freecycle too!!

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Brilliant - and good point about people needing time to feel positive on a Monday. I forget that the normal world goes to work on a Monday morning.

Wow go girl

Yep, all you need to do is smile.

Did I say a GENTLE 10mins??! Phew, glad I didn't aim high - that was HARD work! Going to do it again on Wednesday

11. abz

abz Gold Member

well done on your positivity people :)

abz xx

12. Penpen

Penpen Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am feeling quite positive about the fact that I haven't put any weight on since stopping CD almost a week ago despite eating some naughty stuff and of course being pregnant!! :)

13. abz

abz Gold Member

well done penny. that's great :)

14. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

thats great penney :) well done :)

15. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS

rofl, good one becky x :D:D

debs x

16. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    I am feeling positive that day 5 of my restart is going to be a breeze:)
    water water water

17. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I recently realised that I no longer enjoyed my job and it gave me little satisfaction or sense of achievement. I took steps to change things and today was offered an alternative position. It theoretically is a step down but it is what I want and will make me happier and provide a better work/life balance.

xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Good for you Porgeous - well done!!!! We spend a lot of time working - really helps the state of mind to enjoy it!!

I have decided that I am not going to allow my idiot managers to make me feel unhappy at work - I am refusing to let work get me down. Got a load of stuff on this week - and then on hols for a few days but next week I get the CV back up together and find a new job somewhere that appreciates my considerable talents!!!!!!

Carol x

20. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well I went for my walk, usually do 6 miles, today did almost 8 miles YAY and I said I was going to try a bit of jogging well I thought I would struggle to do 10 minutes, and the first few minutes I thought 10 minutes would never come, but when I did 10 minutes I thought sure I'll keep going till I feel I have to stop, I managed to do 25 minutes continuous jogging and not one creak from my bones which was my big fear!!!! Last time I tried jogging I was 1.5-2 stone heavier and I used to be crying with the pains in my knees and ankles while doing it but was trying not to give into it ended up having to though after the doctor gave me a lecture :) So today I managed just over 2 miles I am thrilled with myself even though I know I will pay for it tomorrow, I think and epsom salts bath is in order this evening

21. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wow Georgie, thats a brave step well done for having the courage to make it :) Often we can get trapped in situations that dont work for us. I am sure that you will have a better quality of life because of it

Best of luck with the new position :)

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

omg hedgehog - you are a star. Flippin well done to you. You put me to shame but we have to start somewhere :).

Enjoy the bath - love epsom salts, they are magic

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.