Positive Mental Attitude

Hi All,

Well I am here to introduce myself, I am starting my journey next Wednesday
as due to pre-booked family events over Christmas thought it would just be easier!

I am a 32 year old mum of two boys and I have ended up being over weight from a variety of factors
1) Pregnancy (and not being able to control cravings!:rolleyes:
2) Being over weight and thinking "I'm fat anyway so why not"!! - the vicious circle!
3) Relationship breakdown which left me with zero confidence :(

I am now at the point where I cant continue to except the way I have neglected myself the past few years, buying the next size up, going home from work waiting till the kids are asleep and binge eating food which I have hidden......from being a very slim active person to what am now.

I am writing this diary as I have decided to combine the Cambridge Plan alongside Hypnosis - my first session being on the Saturday of my first week and I would like to "air"all feelings bad or good to help me on my way!!

I am hoping to lose between 4 - 5 stone and at the end I not only want to be able to slim, I want to be me again :)

All advice, encouragement & friendship welcome :)

My countdown to the start line has begun.................!!!

xxxxxx

Good luck Maximus. I'm restarting on Wednesday too, so I'll be keeping you company on the journey.

V x

Hi! I was wondering if I could join the thread please? I would like to lose 1 stone to take my BMI into a healthier range, and I am using CD for a couple of weeks to kick start things and then I hope to change to weight watchers... I am at the end of my first day now, I am hungry, I have 1 shake left. Any tips please?! Thank you! :eek:

Hi,

Have you tried splitting your pack into 2, and having 2 small meals, which might keep the hunger pangs at bay until bedtime? :fingerscrossed:

Hi Maximus, well done for taking the plunge and starting CD. I have finished my 7th week and have lost 37lbs, my only regret is that I didn't do it years ago!

The first few days will probably be hard going but stick with it as once you get past the first week it's so much easier and the quick results will keep you motivated.

Tips..... Blend products with an electric hand blender as taste much better.... Make sure yiu drink at least 3ltrs a day as will help with hunger.... And think of distractions, my fave is browsing the web for clothes I willbe wearing soon!!

Keep us posted on your journey, I have a diary on here too and it definitely helps.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses, its nice to meet you all

Redhead66 -Hi, it will be great to start on the same day and keep each other in check, I saw you are restarting the plan - glad to see you not giving up :)

Melb500 - Hi, again its great that we are on here to keep in check and have support :)

RWroe - Hi, Thank you for your encouragement and tips - you have done amazing in such as short space of time - well done :clap:

Well I am so exited to start I just want it here now!! I know it will be a shock once it arrives but really looking forward to actually doing something to change! I think its the first time ever that I have not had "the last super" binges before starting a diet which shows me I am so ready for this!!!

I have told people at work who are being supportive and I think thats good as it enables me to openly diet rather then trying to avoid awkward situations!

I know drinking the water will be difficult for me as I am not a big fan, I like sparking water so I have already brought around 10 x 2 ltr bottles!! - I am hoping to incorporate this into hypnosis (fingers crossed):eek:

xx

Good luck on your journey Maximus, it will be a great start to 2013 :cool: I'm quite curious about hypnosis so it'd be great if you could share your experience with us when you have your first session ;)

Hi Guys,

Ladysylvanas- I will happily share my experience of hypnosis, I do know people who have used this method for slimming before and have had good results from eating healthily so fingers crossed! I hope to focus not only on my dieting but the inside too and help restore the old me :)

Crazydiamond - Its nice to have some more support I have also responded in your diary :)

Counting the days!!!! :eek:

Well my consultant came to mine and I was weighed, measured and had my pics done (which I refused to look at!!) I also didn't want to know my measurements!!!
I am 15st 3lbs which was a bit of a shock but I was expecting to be more - I weigh more than full term of both my pregnancy's:eek: but today is going to be the last time I see that number on the scales and I am looking forward to starting,bit nervous of the going into ketosis phase but I am ready!!
I have 59lbs to lose and I have set a target of April.
Hypnosis session on Saturday so I am looking forward to becoming myself again.
:)

Well day 1 over :) went to the cinema after work and just drank my water allowance, feeling a little cold and unwell at the minute though!!
I don't feel hungry just feel weak so not sure if that's the norm or not??
I would like to ask some advice - I am on SS+ which I am told is milk allowance and a small meal under 200 cals, I asked my consultant if I could skip the meal and instead of having skimmed milk could I have semi instead, is this OK? as I am only having 3 meal replacements - just do not want to be too extreme, If having something each day is advised what would be an example of what is acceptable?? could it be a few slices of ham, chicken?? unsure & confused :confused:

xx

Well day 2 & 3 completed :D its been OK just had bad headaches.
Thought I would struggle with the water but as long as its sparkling its possible!!
Well I went to hypnosis today and I found it to be really good, at first we spoke about my history what could be causing me to overeat etc etc and then I had hypnosis which was really surreal, it was a really relaxing and enjoyable experience I was asked questions whilst "under" which I can remember hearing my voice and I obviously answered and when I was "back" she advised me of issues I had spoke of in detail which amazed me. My sessions will focus on self esteem as well as the issues regarding overeating and how I view food.
My next session is on the 19th Jan and I am looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Hi maximus. I am doing SS+ and it the milk OR the small meal, not both. You have to have the 3 products for all your nutrients etc. Your CDC should have given you a booklet and in there is a list of proteins to chose from for your meal and a list of veg/salad. It's only a short list so I would def check that first. Chicken, turkey, tuna for example are allowed but not beef, ham, pork etc. Def worth asking for the book if you dont have it.

Good luck :)

Thank you RWroe for the advice on that - I have only had the milk allowance, I was just worried if it was a bit extreme I must have got my wires crossed in regards to it being both!!

Day 4 complete :) do not feel like I have lost any weight tho :eek:

hope everyone having a good week xx

Well I am nearly a whole week through! WI tomorrow night so a bit nervous as also TOTM :eek:
CD consultant advised not to have bars until after 2 weeks which I must admit looking forward to actually chewing something!!

wish me luck for tomorrow night :eek:

1st weigh in 7lbs down, really happy with that!!!!
Just booked up for a week away with kids in May half term so an extra push for the weight loss!

hope everyone else having a good week :) xx

Well done 7lbs is fab!! You must be really chuffed! Good luck for another 100% week :)

Ok so just been weighed as my councilor is unable to come tomorrow. I have lost 1.5lb :( I am abit gutted and unsure why?
Been doing really well, drank 2ltrs+ water per day, 3 products + milk allowance. I have lost 4" and my councilor said instead of lbs ive lost inches - is this normal??
Feel quite disheartened.

Well.done on the loss, a loss is a loss and the inches lost is fab! It's perfectly normal to lose inches rather than weight and I bet next week you'll have a big loss, our bodies work in mysterious ways! Dont let this get you down, keep going just as you are :)

Also maybe up your water to at least 3ltrs, that'll help too x

Back