Positive thoughts/changes that are happening to you whilst on cd..

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
I know this is something that gets posted quite often but I think its great to remind ourselves how well we are doing and how cd makes fantastic changes for us for the better..

For me I feel happy all the time.. I dive out of bed and always look at myself in the mirror.. (used to hate looking in there) I look at the changes that are happening to my body.. and actually like what I see... (Im not vain at all)...

I get dressed I feel good when Im dressed and so much more confident..

Im not good at taking compliments at all but got better but every day I have many people tell me how good I am looking. can be hard to handle but starting to like it in a funny kind of way....

I love spending time with my husband and my boys and this weekend I went out for dinner and actually ate both times as on my break week.....

My friends have started chatting to me about the latest jeans ect now .. Im getting slimmer. and I just generally feel on top of the world.

I love CD so much and it really has changed my life for the better.. I have been 100% whilst on it and I would tell the world what a fab diet it is..

What changes has cd made for you and your feelings xx

Hi Curly I am so pleased that you are feeling happy about yourself.. I seem to be feeling the total opposite though. when I started the diet just over 8 weeks ago, I did have tons more energy, loved the weight I was losing and generally felt like you are feeling. Over the past 2 weeks though everything has changed, I am tired all the time, I am very unhappy even thought I can now squeeze into a size 12 jeans (still 14 on top) and people have been paying me compliments left right and centre (I hate receiving compliments)... I know I should be feeling happy but I have gone from feeling energetic and happy to really really down, I still see myself as fat (well I know I am thinner but I still have to much fat to lose, 1.5 stone to target) and last week for some reason my CDC wanted me to add a meal, I think this is what dragged me down even more, at 4 weeks into the diet she wanted me to do a meal of eating and I said I wasn't going to, but this time I didn't feel I could say no, well to eat this food has made me even more down, I want to get to goal as quick as possible, I had lost 8lb over 2 weeks so my weightloss hadn't slowed down so not really sure why I had to eat. after 5 days of eating (well 4 actually one of them I just couldn't bring myself to eat) i have lost exactly .6 of a lb. Normally I would have lost around 3lb by now, and feel I have totally wasted a week on this diet.
Sorry to sound so negative, but I have just rung my husband in tears saying how unhappy I am and will I really be happy once I reach target, my unhappiness has also affected other parts of my life at the moment too and I feel unable to do anything... please has anyone else felt this way as I dont know what to do...
Sorry to post a totally whinging post but I know I should be happy....

Hey hon ...
Just want to send you big hugs firstly...... You have done so fantastically well and you should be so proud of yourself.. I am sorry that your feelings have changed when you should be feeling really happy at such an achivement you have made and achieved.
Size 12 jeans is amazing..... people would dream of being in that size.. You have done so well.
To be honest I can understand your feelings of not wanting to introduce the food as I had exactly the same feelings and it took me a week longer to actually convince myself I needed to do it as it was my 13th week... but now I am doing it I have enjoyed it.. Im not desperate for food but I am enjoying just having a bit of normality back and enjoying going to the toilet regularly and feeling a little more normal..
You are so close to target hon... so chin up and try and think for a while about the positive things and then come back I right down your changes as I bet there are alot of them...

Big hugs to you and dont ever forget you have done so well and achieved so much as its not easy..Chin up sweetie xx

Thanks for that Curly... have you actually lost weight whilst eating..

I have also thought of something positive about losing weight, and that is that when I went to a concert last Saturday I was able to leap around like an idiot without dying or causing an earthquake... will look forward to that when I go to see Nickelback next week... lol

See theres a positive you have lots more energy.. dancing around at the concert...... try and think of some more positives and you will start to feel better.....
I havent been for wi yet so I dont know but on my scales its seems to show a loss ......
xxx

Hi Curly,,
For me this whole journey has been a positive experience.
It has really empowered me to allow me to do much soul searching (whilst sole sourcing :) ) to make some definite much needed changes in my life.
I think previosuly I have always thought, if I am thin then the world will suddenly be a better place and of course I know thats not right, but I am begiining to have so much more confidence, I feel much more worthy of just existing, not prepared to accept peoples scraps of attention anymore.
I am also really pleased with the way my body is changing although I am still classed as Obese and have more of a jelly belly at the moment than I had before as it has lost it's firmness,,,
I too am shouting out how wonderful this diet is as it has given me the strength to concentrate on other areas of my life whilst removing the food for a while.
xx

Back