Positives of the CD diet

TINKERBELLA

Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I have noticed that the mood seems slightly low in here over the weekend so I would just like to point out some of the positives of the CD diet which I feel already and i'm only on Day 2. Hope they will help some of you...

* As I no longer have anything to do during mealtimes I now moisturise. Hopefully trying to prevent any saggy skin when all the weight has gone but also just spending 10minutes giving myself a good moisturise just seems to pick me up for a while and make me feel good I know now that I am looking after my body.
* Secondly drinking all this water is fab for us, as I said I am only on day 2 but I know now that this is something I will carry on with even after the diet as I can honestly say I feel so much better after a bottle of water.
* With all the trips to the loo as a result of all the water what perfect opportunities for us all to remember to do our pelvic floor exercises - you'll thank me for this when your all old.
* I feel as though I now have so much more time and I am now getting into things that I used to do before but recently havent been bothered with. So I'd say to anyone dont sit there and think about what you are missing find something else to fill in the time. Mine has been to clean all my kitchen cupboards out and have a rearrange and I feel great for it.

Basically what I am saying is I want us all to feel positive about this because not only is it a good/quick way to lose weight but I think it is also a brilliant learning opportunity about ourselves too. I'm not saying that I find it easy it has been a struggle and feel as though there is temptation at every angle but I am trying to find the best out of all of negatives. We can all do this if we put our minds to it. This is supposed to be one of the hardest times for me as I'm only on day 2 and feeling the withdrawals etc before ketosis kicks in, and I'm not denying that yes I have headaches and I feel light headed but I am not going to be defeated by anything on this diet I will succeed and I want everyone else to aswell. I have gone out of my way to prove to myself that it is always mind over matter - I was starving last night and had to cook dinner for OH and daughter so I cooked them my favourite meal - yes it was very hard but I have proved to myself I can do it. I would say to people dont avoid situations as you are not sorting out the initial problems. I am trying to face as many challenges as I can early on so that I know that I am changing and when this weight has gone it has gone forever. This diet is too hard to use over and over again. I want it to work the first time and for me there is no going back.

Sorry for a complete rant we should all be proud of our achievement and be positive because this is our chance to feel good about ourselves - I dont know about everyone else but I am fed up of crying because nothing fits, embarrased about how I look and more than anything not being the real me.

If anyone else has some tips or just want to mention how they are dealing with typical situations please reply. I feel as though we all need to come together and start realising that what we are doing will end up with fantastic results.

You are amazing! Thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking the time to write that!
Good luck!

um on day 2 too! I feel exactly the same! I cooked my oh and son my fave tonight too! And fir lunch as a treat I took my son to mc donalds! And I only had a bottle of water!!! I know I can do this. It's bloody hard tho! X

I know its hard - we seem to have done very similar things I took my daughter to my favourite baguette diner yesterday on day 1 was very hard but now I know I've done that - how old is your son I'm finding that my daughter is making life quite difficult for me.

Great post :)

Funny you should mention this..
* With all the trips to the loo as a result of all the water what perfect opportunities for us all to remember to do our pelvic floor exercises - you'll thank me for this when your all old.

When I started CD I did suffer a little with stress incontinence you know, feel a sneeze coming on so cross your legs quick :eek: Now I have lost 52lbs that is a thing of the past. Never really occurred to me that my excess weight had a part to play in it.

Annie x

Too many to mention :)

Well done you, fab thread.

Best things about CD for me (starting week 7):

-enjoying seeing my shape changing
-noticing that I now have a huge choice in what to buy when I'm clothes shopping
-clearing out my wardrobe and giving all the clothes that are way too big now to charity
-fitting into some of my old favourites already
-feeling lighter (22lbs lighter :) )
-my new short bob as I no longer have 3 chins!
-going to Tesco yesterday in my beach only skirt and no makeup and feeling confident (i love my make up and didn;t have fake tan on my legs)
-clear skin and healthy hair
-the compliments
- much calmer
-fitting into the sample bridesmaid dress when it didn't go near me the first time.
-picking up size 10's & 12's in shops :)

OMG I could carry on for days here. there are so many brilliant things about this diet. I love it.

Tink, well done on your positive attitude. Good luck with today hun xxx

:talk017:

Great post :)

Funny you should mention this..

When I started CD I did suffer a little with stress incontinence you know, feel a sneeze coming on so cross your legs quick :eek: Now I have lost 52lbs that is a thing of the past. Never really occurred to me that my excess weight had a part to play in it.

Annie x

Ive noticed that too, good point:)

Positive point - using much less suncream this weekend and it didn't take half the morning to apply ;)

Buying smaller shoes cos my fat feet are thinner now Yay me:) I can now shop for shoes:):):):):):)

- having lovely clear silky skin and strong nails (see separate post on main forum)
- being able to squeeze through a small space between tables in a cafe today
- having loads more energy
- feeling lighter already - what will I not feel like when I've lost 5 stone!
- feeling so full of life, confidence and hope for the future
- being able to visualise for the first time ever what I will look like in a size 10 :)

Back