Possible newbie query

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
Hi I'm normally over on the exante forum but I've got stuck for a few months between 14:7 and 14:10. No matter what I do I'm just fluctuating between them.
I know I don't have the willpower to do without food for very long .
So I've been wondering if 2-3 weeks on exante would kick start my loss again, hopefully by a stone or far enough away from 14:7 not to easily go back there??
If you think it would is there a particular solution you think I should take?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I personally dont think VLCD's are a diet to be used short term because yes you'd lose about a stone in those few weeks you would then have to re-feed which takes a while.
And some people find they gain weight in the first week of a re-feed due to their glycogen stores being filled up again.

Are you sure you wouldn't be able to just stick at exante, maybe if you did working solutions you would find sticking to it easier.
That is having 3 exante packs and 1 low carb meal a day.

what diet are you on at the moment ? basically I dont think it is worth doing exante TS for less than a month , you could do 2-3 weeks but to be honest I really dont think it would be worth it , and you could regain some of your carb weight when you started eating again .

Thanks for replying.
I generally eat low fat but watch calories and portion control as well. I eat very few carbs I'm more of a protein person.
I'm not sure about long term as I much prefer food. I just can't get below this barrier

I would give it a go for an absolute minimum of 4 weeks, you'll be surprised how the weeks whizz by when you get into the swing of things and if you are only doing 4 weeks of it then it will be easier to stick to as you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I recently tried a mini experiment and intended to do 4 weeks on Exante followed by 4 weeks low cal/low fat. I only got a week or so into my experiment as even eating 1200 cals a day with no food above 5% fat I still gained 5lbs in the first week which demotivated me and led me to gorging/eating junk as I thought if I'm going to put weight on I may aswell eat nice (ie bad!) stuff instead of eating like a saint and still putting weight on! I don't mind putting on the carb weight if I was closer to goal ie a healthy weight but I object to putting weight on when I have enough to lose already so it was straight back on Exante for me and am still very motivated 2 1/2 weeks on.

I would say you would be almost certain to lose 1 stone (I lost 18lbs) in the first four weeks. If you really can't cope with Exante and went straight back to eating 'healthily' rather than gradual refeeding then you would need to factor in a carb weight gain, say 7lbs, meaning you will have eaten nothing for four weeks solid for a net loss of 7lbs. Is that worth it to get over your 'barrier' weight?

Good luck whatever you decide to do :)

Hmmm I don't think there's ever going to be an easy answer to this one. I certainly don't want to put it straight back on.

Thanks anyway ladies. Much appreciated :) x

Back