Post your top tips for week 1

Butterflygirl

Getting my shakes tomorrow and hoping to start at from 1pmish tomorrow.

Bit scared of how you keep yourself from going off track...

Top tips for survival of week 1 pleeeease

keep yourself VERY busy, i work as a domiciliary carer, i havent been as busy today as i will be during the rest of the week, my mum is a nurse and she came home to a spotless house (not very often that happens ;) ) but when i was busy i didn't have any cravings, but when im sat doing nothing, i think about what i could be eating which is torture, keep the willpower strong by doing silly things. this seemed to help me, as im on day one aswell, but now im sat doing nothing im craving all sorts, need to have a nice soak in bath and go to bed cos i shall be tearing my hair out before so long !
Good luck <3 xxxx

my tips would be as follows..

- keep a pint glass or bottle of water beside you AT ALL TIMES and keep sipping it throughout the day! that was essential for me to keep the hunger pangs away

- keep yourself busy - i have all the presses in the kitchen scrubbed out, the fridge spotless, and not a spec of dust in the house. even the car has got the once over i'd say 3 times since i've started this diet... lol

- take up a hobbie if you can, maybe a massive jigsaw or something like that...

- i wouldn't do any walking the first week cause you are prob feeling a bit weak and light headed but that'll pass after the first week...

basically, just keep yourself busy enough to not be sitting around not thinking about eating and like i said, drink LOADS of water...

good luck with it.. :)

Do you actually get to a stage where you don't feel hungry anymore?

At what point?

yup you do believe it or not :) around day 4/5 your body should kick into ketosis so you wont feel hungry anymore. (and its a great feeling when that happens :) ) but i find i do have wild cravings like if i see something on telly i really like, or sitting in the canteen at lunch time seeing my work colleges tucking in, im just like, oh i'd love some of that but that is just cravings, not hunger. the shakes fill you right up and keep sipping your water throughout the day! sparkling water too is great if you just want something different! fills you up if you feel hungry between shakes.

Im in week 3 and cold and hungry, or craving food at least but having a litre bottle of water at my side at al times help, with the odd coffee to get some heat into my bones. Good luck. Its tough but worth it.

xxx

What I did was to watch Biggest Loser USA programme which made me see just what I was not going to become plus the determination they have is amazing so if they can do it then so can I!!

I also drink loads of water, between 4-5 litres a day inclusive of water for tea but excluding shake water.

I had photos of me taken in 4 different dresses from the front, back & side & took my measurements to enforce the shock factornof just how big I'd become. The image of me i those photos isnengraved on my mind and I will not stay like that or indeed return to it once I'm slim again. I am also going to get the very same pictures done again next week (4 week progress) in e same outfits, same pose and same place and I'm also going to be measured again to enable me to calculate my weight loss in inches as well as well as in pounds.

Finally, this forum needs to be your bestest friend because the support & inspirational stories you'll get on here will help you through your first week. Week 2 gets easier.

Good luck.

Back