Posted an old pic and someone said i looked like lost soooo much weight eeeek

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
was looking through old pics on facebook and put up a funny one with weird eye make up on but it was taken 2008 when i was about 6 stone lighter.

A friend of mine posted and said oh my god look at you sexy lady you have lost so much weight you dont look the same person!

oh the shame! x

But you are getting there again...........and as for shame, stuff that. The shame would be if you were not trying to do something about it. first for you and then so importantly for Mikey.

You will know the joy of running after him in the park, playing football with him etc., because you have started now when he is a babe.

I say congratulations, you are bright enough to be aware of how important it is for you to shed some of those pounds.

You should change your username to SexyGirlSoon because you will get back there!!! :bliss: Actually I was reading this article last night from a psychologist I always like, she talks about how important it is not to base our selfimage on our weight alone. Sexy is more than weight related.

End emotional eating: No diet will ever work until we change our guilt-ridden relationship with food, says this top psychologist | Mail Online

This is fantastic reading. Thank you so much for posting it. I hope it helps you FNM or should I call you SexygirlSoon.

I read this bit and had to copy and paste it...

We want to lose a lot of weight now and we want to keep it off for ever with as little effort as possible. The truth is that quick-fix diets rarely work and when they do they are so drastic that it's hard to adhere to them for long.

What really works is healthier eating and exercising throughout your life, not just for six or eight weeks or whatever

I think she must be talking about SW!!!! Less a diet more a way of life and done properly you eat well and never feel deprived.

The article is well worth reading, taking in and storing.

I have put it in my favourites.

I loved that line too, it's so true that people have to work at it for life or not, some with more effort some less. I know slim people who rarely exercise, eat well most of the time and indulge once a week but it's part of their lives and they don't even think about it (am thinking of a few French people here).

However once you mess up weight wise it's a long term commitment with your body to either stay slim or stay large. A lot of effort goes into me staying large. I find it more psychologically difficult to eat badly because of the guilt and shame. It's more of a physical effort to stay slim such as shopping, cooking, walking. I find the latter more rewarding though.

Now look at all those words, reward, shame, guilt, effort. Slim people who've never put on weight don't even think like that!! It's so complex and I just don't know how to view myself in terms other than foodwise so I totally get where you are coming from FNMore, and when someone says ooh look at you sexy and slim does that mean that we're not sexy when we're large? :wave_cry: I think that's where she's writing that we have to look at our bodies in terms of more than weight, but I wouldn't even know how to start doing that! Is she talking talent, hobbies, education, family relations? As in accomplishment and discipline in areas other than food is beautiful? I don't know!!!! :confused:

I think she might be referring to how you see yourself. If you see yourself as a sexy lady and not a sexy large lady, the battle is won.

It all about self worth and our image of ourselves.

Our desire to lose the excess kilos must come from within, must just be for you, not for society or the way society perceives we should look.

I think she is saying " love yourself and other people will love you too"

Perhaps I am very wrong, it is just my interpretation.

Back