• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

potato scones

1lb boiled potatoes
4oz flour
salt to taste

method
mash the potatoes well or put them through a ricer or seive
add the flour and salt
roll out thinlyon a floured boared prick with a fork cur into rounds cook quickly on a lightly greased heavy frying pan or griddle

got i got 12 so i make them about 1.5 syns and they are very nice :) enjoy

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jeg57

S: 18st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 1st0lb(5.56%)
My sons love thier cooked brekfasts when they're home and love hash browns - this will fill a gap for me!

S: 15st5lb C: 12st8lb G: 12st8lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 2st11lb(18.14%)
Thanks for that - I love potato scones! Will have to hold off the butter that I would usually slather on them though...

butter buds could be used in them to give the flavour but not quite the same as slapping the butter on hot pot scones
i used the buttery fry light when cooking them and so far we have managed to get threw 2 batches first ones were like mothers pride ones second were like warbaton pot cakes the kids love them

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
1lb boiled potatoes
4oz flour
salt to taste

method
mash the potatoes well or put them through a ricer or seive
add the flour and salt
roll out thinlyon a floured boared prick with a fork cur into rounds cook quickly on a lightly greased heavy frying pan or griddle

got i got 12 so i make them about 1.5 syns and they are very nice :) enjoy
Great idea!! Thanks hun!! OMG I can't believe how close you are to target!! You're doing so amazingly well!!X

*honey

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 0st13.5lb(8.33%)
Made these today, but only needed enough for me, so divided the recipe by 8 (using 1/2oz flour for 2.5 syns) and 2 oz potato.
They were really good, a nice change for potaoes

S: 14st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 3st9lb(25.12%)
I wonder, do you think I'd be able to freeze these? I would make the whole recipe but then freeze some for future use?

I've just made some, since we're having a brunch fry up anyway, I actually got them down to 0.5 syns each! Ok so they're slightly smaller, but you can still have as many as you want to count syns for. I used the recipe above, but then made 10 balls of the mixture, then rolled them out and quartered them. so each ball (or 4 quarters) is 2 syns. I kept enough for us to have today out, and I've frozen the remaining balls so all I have to do is defrost, roll, cut and fry.

They were lovely, I rolled them up and dipped them in my egg...lol

Here was my breakfast.
breakfast.jpg

Last edited:
S: 11st3.5lb C: 9st6.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 22 Loss: 1st11lb(15.87%)
Finally got round to trying these this morning and they were so yummy - so simple but really delish. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 6
Syn Values 0
Syn Values 0
Syn Values 2
Weight Watchers 6