1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Pototo, Cheese & Leek Bake

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by WifeOfBath, 27 February 2010 Social URL.

1. WifeOfBath

WifeOfBath Member

This is really yummy and really quick to prepare. This is nice with a casserole, or even a salad in Summer.

Serves 2

1 oz Flora Extra Light (2.5 syns)
    450g potatoes (approx 4 medium) - sliced
    1 large leek finely chopped
    75g of half fat cheddar cheese (Hex A)
    150 ml milk (from Hex A or syn)
    Salt & Pepper

Could add garlic & parsley if you like, but I haven't tried that.

1 melt Flora Ex light in large pan, add the leek and coat in Flora. Sweat the leek for approx 8 mins (lid on, very low heat)

2 cook the sliced potato for approx 8 mins, drain well.

3 arrange a layer of potato slices in the base of an oven proof dish (use half of the potatoes)

4 add half of the leek and half of the cheese

5 add another layer of pototo and top with the remaining leek and finally the cheese

6 pour milk over layers and season to taste

7 pop in oven 160 oc for approx 1 hour until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.

This really is scummy and a family favourite in our house.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. petunia348

petunia348 Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimmimg world fo first 39 lbs now Rosemary Conley
    Sounds good -one to try. Maybe tomorrow with roast chicken. Thanks for sharing.
  4. joannacw41

joannacw41 Member

My tea tonight!! Having it with baked beans!! I hope it's as scrummy as It sounds!! ;p xx.
  5. joannacw41

joannacw41 Member

It was scrummy: ) and I addrd the parsley and garlic too : )x.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.