poundland

d14

Poundland just opened where I live, i've never been to their stores but read a lot about them on here. Can anyone recommend any things I should look out for that are low in syns? Going to make a trip later :)

Poundland just opened where I live, i've never been to their stores but read a lot about them on here. Can anyone recommend any things I should look out for that are low in syns? Going to make a trip later :)

Look out for Alpen Light cereal bars - they're 3 syns each, or 2 of them make a healthy b!
Sometimes they have Velvet crunch in - they're like crisps/snack a jack type things...scrummy - they are 4 syns (and they're sold in multipacks).
If you like hot chocolate they often have Weight Watchers hot chocolate sachets which are 2 syns each and actually make quite decent hot chocolate!
They often also have mugshots in stock - most of the mugshot varieties are free (just search on here for syn values in case) - they're ok, but I only ever have them in my office drawer as an 'emergency stash')

they have a lot of weightwatchers stuff and velvet crunch. They do a lot of good food in there :)

I buy the 6 pack of Curly Wurlys for when I fancy a chocolatey treat - only 6 Syns each.

Freddos, 5 Syns each.

Also, Cadbury Mini Animals. You get 6 22g bags and each bag is 5.5 Syns - great when you want a chocolatey biscuit fix.

I buy Weight Watchers Tortilla Wraps all the time. 5 Syns each and they make a great base for a SW style pizza!

Poundland is great :)

I haven't bought food items in Poundland as I have never seen anything I liked there, but they are great for stationery items, batteries, disposable plates and cups, and some toiletries. Last time I was in there they had Nivea Soft cream in a tube which is around £2.50 in other shops. But you never know what you are going to find, so it is always worth a wander round if you have time.

Their chopped tomatoes are really good at 3 for £1. I also get oxo cubes there as they are much cheaper than the supermarket - box of 24 for £1. My local Popundland doesn't do Alpen Lights but they usually have other cereal bars such as Weetabix Oaty bars. As said mug shots are really cheap there and I get the WW cheesy nacho tortillas that are good with a chilli (4 syns) and WW petit pains (HEB). You get 2L fresh milk for £1 and I have picked up other bargains like Jordan's porridge oats. You just need to have a look every time you are in as the products change and they don;t also have the same stuff in stock.

We get the 12 tins of chopped tomatoes for £3-00 offer, better deal!

I love the velvet crunch crisp thingies too!
And the WW hot chocolate is surprisingly alright :)

They often do the cereal bars and cup soups...

Nothing much to add here - just that it can be a bit hit and miss. Agree with the other posters about Alpen Light. Haven't seen any WW products in my local one (d'oh!) but might have a nosy round there tonight now! x

yep i agree it can be very hit and miss. I noticed in our local one on monday that they had loads of WW stuff. More than normal! They do alot of the cakes etc in there at the minute.

Thanks for all of the help everyone! Went and had a look, the store just opened a week ago so I hope they will get more stock but there wasn't many food items :( there was 4 large isles and only one had food (and most of it was junk food!) I did get 6 packs of velvet crunch for €1.49 (vs €2.40-ish in tesco), some WW hot chocolate as suggested by Gemmie and some WW cheese nacho crisps. The weight watchers range wasn't great, they had lots of crisps, some soups, wraps and bread rolls (along with desserts but I dont eat dessert) hopefully they expand it! I didn't realise we could have the little bread rolls as a heB so i'll pick those up the next day!

Things like mushy peas, cans of tomatos, etc. seemed good value but I have loads at home so i'll wait til i've used them to buy more. Same goes for bread, I have plenty at home in the freezer but they had the WW wholemeal loaf for €1.49 and its usually about €2.50 in tesco, so when I use up what i have i'll go there to stock up.

Will definitely be going in there for snacks and WW products!

Not a food item - but it you like SW chips - keep an eye out for the chip mesh trays they do. Turns out (in my opinion) much crispier chips then putting them on a baking tray.

Milkybars at only 3.5syns each are my fave from poundland, also get the freddos that someone else mentioned above

Thanks Ian, I love SW chips so will look for those trays the next day! Not a fan of milk/dark chocolate but I like white chocolate..might get the milkybars to have as a treat x

Mugshots, velvet crunch, weight watchers 5 syn wraps, also choc treats curly wurly, freddo and small milky bars.

They are a good shop they've also started selling radox bubble bath :) although that already is £1 in a lot of other shops

teresa32uk said:
A great find i had was ww petit pains. 1 is Heb and they lovely warm from the oven.

Ooo these will make a nice HM garlic bread. If using fl light and garlic. Low syn. So getting some of these xx

The ww petit pains are only 90p in most supermarkets. Morrisons sell garlic and herb ww petit pains for £1 at the moment

mrsgosling3 said:
The ww petit pains are only 90p in most supermarkets. Morrisons sell garlic and herb ww petit pains for £1 at the moment

Ooo thank you xx

Back