Pounds per inch?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Hazelnut, 28 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea how many pounds it takes them to lose an inch?

I've almost lost two stone, yet when I tell people this I can tell they are really surprised. I am smaller, but I don't think I look as though I've lost so much.

Two stone lost has produced about 2.5 inches lost in most places for me.

I'm just wondering because I was watching a weight loss show the other day where someone had lost weight but increased body fat, and the consultant said they were losing 'the wrong kind of weight'. What does that mean, and does it apply to me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    It really can take a asignificant weight loss to show inches but thern some people dont lose weight they will lse inches instead.

4. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I lost an inch round the middle after 5 lbs.

5. Rela

Rela Wannabe Lean!!!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb / Wii Fit LOL
    It all depends on your frame and where you tend to hold your weight and your height and so on. I'm 5ft 1" and tend to hold mine all around my tum and bum, so any weightloss I do tend to lose inches. Whereas my friend who is 5ft 8" will lose weight but will only show minimal inchloss because she carries it all over her frame.
    Don't get disheartened x x

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    Thanks for the replies... I think it may be that I'm carrying it all over, I've been told I've lost weight from my face and neck as well as the rest of my body. And I know because I've measured that I've lost about the same from my chest :)cry:), waist, hips, and thighs, so I suppose that's a good thing.

7. Rela

Rela Wannabe Lean!!!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb / Wii Fit LOL
    I lost some off my fingers when i did my big jump from 15st down to 11st, I had to get my wedding ring shrunk LOL

8. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating

lol Rela I have the same problem at the moment and my wedding/engagement rings keep falling off! Isn't it weird the places we lose fat from that you'd never think of.

Hazelnut a 2 stone weight loss is fantastic I'm sure you'll look very different to when you started. Your very lucky to have your inches come off evenly, mine are all coming off my thighs and hardly any from my waist, I'm hoping it will even up eventually.

9. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    Thanks, just had a sneaky check this morning and it has finally ticked over to 28lbs lost! But I only update my ticker on official weigh-ins, so officially it's just 27lbs!

I think I'm just paranoid because people do notice I've lost weight, but when I say 2 stone they look really shocked. But maybe people who've never dieted before don't really know what a 2 stone loss looks like, or maybe they just didn't think I had it in me (so to speak)!

10. flumpster67

flumpster67 In a whirl

Diet:
    Not 'on' a diet - Marissa Peer has changed my perceptions!
    I lose mine from my face downwards,picture if you will a tiny pea head on a balloon body, thats me until the rest of my body catches up:crazy:

11. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I know exactly what you mean, flumpster - I've got that tiny head at the moment - making up for it with big hair!!!

12. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    that really made me laugh :giggle:

what they meant by the "wrong kind of weight" is that you are loosing lean muscle tissue, rather than fat. So your fat percentage goes up as you have more fat to lean muscle proportion in your body.

everyone is different with inch loss....it does depend on your frame :D

13. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    How would I know if that was happening to me? is that what it means if I've lost weight but not getting much thinner?

14. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    you can buy scales... which tell you your body fat % and total water % aswell as your weight.

they are worth there weight in gold :D

and trust me mate, you probably are getting thinner....you just cant see it yet ;-)

15. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I swear by my Salter scales which tell me weight, body fat %, water %, muscle mass, BMI and basal metabolic rate (i.e. the no. of calories needed by your body to function effectively when resting, which is helpful to know when planning how many cals you need to consume when maintaining) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.