Pounds per inch?

Hazelnut

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how many pounds it takes them to lose an inch?

I've almost lost two stone, yet when I tell people this I can tell they are really surprised. I am smaller, but I don't think I look as though I've lost so much.

Two stone lost has produced about 2.5 inches lost in most places for me.

I'm just wondering because I was watching a weight loss show the other day where someone had lost weight but increased body fat, and the consultant said they were losing 'the wrong kind of weight'. What does that mean, and does it apply to me?

It really can take a asignificant weight loss to show inches but thern some people dont lose weight they will lse inches instead.

It all depends on your frame and where you tend to hold your weight and your height and so on. I'm 5ft 1" and tend to hold mine all around my tum and bum, so any weightloss I do tend to lose inches. Whereas my friend who is 5ft 8" will lose weight but will only show minimal inchloss because she carries it all over her frame.
Don't get disheartened x x

Thanks for the replies... I think it may be that I'm carrying it all over, I've been told I've lost weight from my face and neck as well as the rest of my body. And I know because I've measured that I've lost about the same from my chest :)cry:), waist, hips, and thighs, so I suppose that's a good thing.

I lost some off my fingers when i did my big jump from 15st down to 11st, I had to get my wedding ring shrunk LOL

I lost some off my fingers when i did my big jump from 15st down to 11st, I had to get my wedding ring shrunk LOL

lol Rela I have the same problem at the moment and my wedding/engagement rings keep falling off! Isn't it weird the places we lose fat from that you'd never think of.

Hazelnut a 2 stone weight loss is fantastic I'm sure you'll look very different to when you started. Your very lucky to have your inches come off evenly, mine are all coming off my thighs and hardly any from my waist, I'm hoping it will even up eventually.

Thanks, just had a sneaky check this morning and it has finally ticked over to 28lbs lost! But I only update my ticker on official weigh-ins, so officially it's just 27lbs!

I think I'm just paranoid because people do notice I've lost weight, but when I say 2 stone they look really shocked. But maybe people who've never dieted before don't really know what a 2 stone loss looks like, or maybe they just didn't think I had it in me (so to speak)!

I lose mine from my face downwards,picture if you will a tiny pea head on a balloon body, thats me until the rest of my body catches up:crazy:

I know exactly what you mean, flumpster - I've got that tiny head at the moment - making up for it with big hair!!!

I lose mine from my face downwards,picture if you will a tiny pea head on a balloon body, thats me until the rest of my body catches up:crazy:

that really made me laugh :giggle:

what they meant by the "wrong kind of weight" is that you are loosing lean muscle tissue, rather than fat. So your fat percentage goes up as you have more fat to lean muscle proportion in your body.

everyone is different with inch loss....it does depend on your frame :D

what they meant by the "wrong kind of weight" is that you are loosing lean muscle tissue, rather than fat. So your fat percentage goes up as you have more fat to lean muscle proportion in your body.
How would I know if that was happening to me? is that what it means if I've lost weight but not getting much thinner?

How would I know if that was happening to me? is that what it means if I've lost weight but not getting much thinner?

you can buy scales... which tell you your body fat % and total water % aswell as your weight.

they are worth there weight in gold :D

and trust me mate, you probably are getting thinner....you just cant see it yet ;-)

I swear by my Salter scales which tell me weight, body fat %, water %, muscle mass, BMI and basal metabolic rate (i.e. the no. of calories needed by your body to function effectively when resting, which is helpful to know when planning how many cals you need to consume when maintaining) xxx

Back