Powder or ready mixed?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Rayven, 10 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was just wondering what you all preferred the shake powder you have to mix yourself or the ready mixed shakes?
    I love the ready mixed ones but they're so expensive! I use a smoothie maker with milk & ice to make the powdered ones but its just not the same. :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Baronessvongogo

Baronessvongogo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the powder cos i think it is thicker than the ready made ones, but thats just my preference.

4. raori

raori Member

i like the powder started yesterday find the ready made not as thick i just started yesterday and am feeling quite positive about it :)

5. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Am i the only one who prefers the ready made? I always knew i was weird! lol

6. Sun Lover

Sun Lover Member

Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Nope me as well. I love the ready made one's and know I wouldn't stick to it if I had to make them. I pefer them chilled. They are quite expensive but not as much as a filled roll from the local bakery.

xx

7. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I agree - I only have ready made. Grabbin a shake etc on the way out b4 work is much easier than having to make shakes. I put on weight cos I couldnt be bothered to make sandwiches or aythign healthy and would spend money on rubbish. I tried a Lighter Life shake once that my flatmate had going spare. It was revolting but as it was a powder formula it was impossible to get rid of the lumps unless I got someone with some muscle to shake it up 4 me!! That puts me off buying the powder shakes. Maybe in the Summer I might try so I can make it with ice, but the pre made are too easy for me to be tempted away!!

8. samantha_wants_to_slim

samantha_wants_to_slim Full Member

Diet:
    SlimFast
    I haven't tried the powder shakes, just the ready made ones. But with the powder you have to buy the milk aswell, so wouldn't it work out almost the same cost as a ready made one??

I like the ready made for convenience - doubt I'd be tempted to try the powder. Also, lumps would really put me off!! :)

9. wilsjen

wilsjen Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I'm a ready made girl all the way! I couldn't be bothered to make them, and the Cafe Classic/Peach Smoothies are my fav they only come ready made! Does anyone else find the Strawberry ones revolting?

10. becki4

becki4 Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    i have been on it for 3 days, and have found my morning shake which is a powder mix fills me up from 7- about 11ish then i have a snack, a banana or something then between 1-2 i have a bottle shake and get sooo hungry after, the bottles aint filling me up, does anyone else find this?
    Do you reckon it will be ok to make a shake for my lunch and keep it in a bottle, or the shaker until my lunch? will it still be fresh and not go funny, cos of the milk?

11. samantha_wants_to_slim

samantha_wants_to_slim Full Member

Diet:
    SlimFast
    To be honest, I hate anything artificially strawberry flavoured. The same with vanilla.

BUT!

The strawberry and vanilla sf shakes are delish!! :D

12. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I like all the shakes but the choc 1's...! I love the banana ones. Not tried cafe one...
    Sounds good if the powder ones are more filling to have 1 for brekkie... but I couldnt be bothered to make them up in the morn. Mayb I cld make them at work if I took stuff with me... mmmmmm...

I finf the cereal bar keeps me going til about 11am tho... theyre pretty big bars!

13. ugg

ugg Needs a kick

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    powder shakes for me, I had mine late last night so made it a hot choc and it was lush!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.