Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Powder or ready mixed?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Rayven, 10 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was just wondering what you all preferred the shake powder you have to mix yourself or the ready mixed shakes?
    I love the ready mixed ones but they're so expensive! I use a smoothie maker with milk & ice to make the powdered ones but its just not the same. :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Baronessvongogo

Baronessvongogo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the powder cos i think it is thicker than the ready made ones, but thats just my preference.

4. raori

raori Member

i like the powder started yesterday find the ready made not as thick i just started yesterday and am feeling quite positive about it :)

5. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Am i the only one who prefers the ready made? I always knew i was weird! lol

6. Sun Lover

Sun Lover Member

Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Nope me as well. I love the ready made one's and know I wouldn't stick to it if I had to make them. I pefer them chilled. They are quite expensive but not as much as a filled roll from the local bakery.

xx

7. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I agree - I only have ready made. Grabbin a shake etc on the way out b4 work is much easier than having to make shakes. I put on weight cos I couldnt be bothered to make sandwiches or aythign healthy and would spend money on rubbish. I tried a Lighter Life shake once that my flatmate had going spare. It was revolting but as it was a powder formula it was impossible to get rid of the lumps unless I got someone with some muscle to shake it up 4 me!! That puts me off buying the powder shakes. Maybe in the Summer I might try so I can make it with ice, but the pre made are too easy for me to be tempted away!!

8. samantha_wants_to_slim

samantha_wants_to_slim Full Member

Diet:
    SlimFast
    I haven't tried the powder shakes, just the ready made ones. But with the powder you have to buy the milk aswell, so wouldn't it work out almost the same cost as a ready made one??

I like the ready made for convenience - doubt I'd be tempted to try the powder. Also, lumps would really put me off!! :)

9. wilsjen

wilsjen Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I'm a ready made girl all the way! I couldn't be bothered to make them, and the Cafe Classic/Peach Smoothies are my fav they only come ready made! Does anyone else find the Strawberry ones revolting?

10. becki4

becki4 Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    i have been on it for 3 days, and have found my morning shake which is a powder mix fills me up from 7- about 11ish then i have a snack, a banana or something then between 1-2 i have a bottle shake and get sooo hungry after, the bottles aint filling me up, does anyone else find this?
    Do you reckon it will be ok to make a shake for my lunch and keep it in a bottle, or the shaker until my lunch? will it still be fresh and not go funny, cos of the milk?

11. samantha_wants_to_slim

samantha_wants_to_slim Full Member

Diet:
    SlimFast
    To be honest, I hate anything artificially strawberry flavoured. The same with vanilla.

BUT!

The strawberry and vanilla sf shakes are delish!! :D

12. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I like all the shakes but the choc 1's...! I love the banana ones. Not tried cafe one...
    Sounds good if the powder ones are more filling to have 1 for brekkie... but I couldnt be bothered to make them up in the morn. Mayb I cld make them at work if I took stuff with me... mmmmmm...

I finf the cereal bar keeps me going til about 11am tho... theyre pretty big bars!

13. ugg

ugg Needs a kick

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    powder shakes for me, I had mine late last night so made it a hot choc and it was lush!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.