Prague - Have you been?

MrsCadbury

Where is the best area to stay? Would like to be quite central but not hen/stag night territory.

Can you recommend a nice 4/5 star hotel?

I got engaged in Prague and we stayed at Hotel Yasmin, it was in a little street about 5 minutes walk from the old town and the astronomical clock - lovely hotel, fabulous restaurant and attentive but discreet staff. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

If you're looking for a restaurant and you like steak you should try the Kobe Bar and Grill.

tripadvisor - never go anywhere without using it... Google it!

I've been to Prague. We, myself and my husband, went last year in June for a week. We loved it. It was an amazing place with some awesome buildings and views. We stayed about 15 minutes walk from the main town - which was ideal for us as we like to walk. We walked everywhere. If anything I'd say a week was too long as the last couple of days we didn't really do much.

I've been to Prague. We, myself and my husband, went last year in June for a week. We loved it. It was an amazing place with some awesome buildings and views. We stayed about 15 minutes walk from the main town - which was ideal for us as we like to walk. We walked everywhere. If anything I'd say a week was too long as the last couple of days we didn't really do much.

Thanks Babycakes. We're thinking about 5 days.

We were there Friday to Monday and it was just the right amount of time for us. We also walked everywhere and we aren't walkers at all!

I have to agree, it is an amazing place and we absolutely loved it, I want to go back now!

Do you mind me asking if you spent a lot of money?

I really want a wee holiday but don't want to spend too much money. I know places are as cheap/expensive as you make them. Do you think you can go to Prague with expensive tastes and not spend a fortune?

We found it to be relatively reasonable as you don't have to pay for many 'attractions'. The majority of things you see are the buildings and architecture and I think the only thing we paid for was to go up the clock tower.

Meals out are also good value, probably due to the fact that most places cater for hen and stag parties. Don't let this put you off though, if you're going for a 'proper' break the big groups hardly bother you as they, generally speaking, won't be going to the same places as you.

We also went in June and the weather was really good, sunny everyday but not too hot that you can't enjoy yourself.

I can't recommend it highly enough if you like city breaks, it's certainly one of the nicest places I've been.

I've been a couple of times. Love the place!

You can stay anywhere really as the transport system is really cheap and very good. You can get a 5 day ticket as I recall.

All the touristy stuff is really nice and the food is remarkably good and cheap for a capital city too - I'm a veggie and I enjoyed it!

My first time abroad was Prague, absolutely loved it can't wait to go back one day. We stayed in the angelo hotel and it was fab couldn't fault it. Just round the corner from a metro station which takes you directly into the centre but it was also a nice (but quite long!) walk.

Thanks everyone.

We still haven't decided 100% on Prague. If we can get a good deal on an all-inclusive somewhere nice we'll take that. DH is very picky though so a lot of places are ruled out no matter how good the deal.

We took about £300 each for the week and I even managed to get some new clothes and a bag with that. One thing that surprised me was the amount of weddings there, we saw one everyday, some times two.

Back