Pre Op diet progress

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
So having checked with the team and S and S and had the all clear on the suitability to use this plan prior to an op I have placed my order

now I ordered the mix box to start me off so I can see what I like

I do have some celebrity slim shakes left so will start them today and see how I progress then swap over to the S and S as soon as it arrives

so starting weight on Monday was (chosen mondays as weigh in days)

so everyone wish me luck and give me your BEST advice - please

so something about me
as you can see I have been a member here for a long time
when I logged back in on monday I weighed less than I did when I had left by half a stone - I think that is a brilliant result

last June I collapsed with blood clots on both lungs and if I had not have had a very quick acting friend with me I was told I would most likely not be here to tell the tale
my planned knee replacement (june 29th last year) had to be postponed
now the replacement is back on and I want to lose as much weight (safely) as I can before the surgery

so contacted the team at slim and save and they told me it was safe to commence the plan

so order has been placed and I am in the mean time eating a protein meal at dinner (tonight it was halloumi and herb salad) and shakes (celebrity slim from super drug) until my parcel arrives

so today I had
half a vanilla shake with coffee
half a snack bar
then the other half with the other half a snack bar
dinner was the halloumi salad

hope that regime will be ok for a couple of days

So good to have you back H, good luck with your S & S !!

I for one raise my glass to your fast acting friend, the place hasnt been the same without you !!

oh darling thank you
it was such a shock and I was so ill for months after now just wanted to get the knee done and start living again

well last night my daughter popped round
she had some cambridge packs she bought with her to start me off until the parcel arrives as she no longer needs it - size 6 and beautiful

so today I have had a cambridge banana shake with ice cinnamon and coffee with lots of ice and some ground flax seeds in it (I know not part of the plan but I need them)
off to a funeral shortly then straight of for my counselling session
I have been in counselling since before Christmas and now am wondering if when I go in for the knee replacement would be a natural time to stop
I feel stronger (much) and have new tools to work with - also looked at my life from start to finish and seen somethings that I didnt know could affect me but now realise that they most certainly did - I also have to realise that perfection in all things is not necessary and just being the best I can IS good enough
so will discuss that with Amy today

even putting that here has made me realise how much stronger I feel

after that I might nip into town for a decaff black iced coffee (my usual drink anyway)
and read my book

Hx

for anyone reading this any advice is welcome

and have a great day everyone
H xx

Just a thought

will I ever be able to wear a dress without having leggins underneath to stop my thighs rubbing

lunch was a cambridge vanilla shake with lots of ice and coffee more water than standard and it was just like an iced latte

and dinner well that would not be on plan but I loved it and it was very low carb
I used the griddle pan to cook one mushroom three slices of aubergine two slices of courgette with one asparagus spear and two spring onions I allowed that to cool and placed them over green herb salad - and topped the lot with some griddled halloumi total calories today 686 and 42 carbs totally delicious
I worked out the cals and carbs on MFP

have a lovely evening everyone

Its friday already so I have now been low carb for four days an am in ketosis - today my food packs should arrive but I still have a few cambridge packs left (given by my daughter) so banana cambridge this morning
lunch will be a vanilla cambridge with lots of ice and coffee -
dinner will be a low carb salad and I will have a bar for dessert

its great now I am not hungry -

today I am dog sitting so have Gizzy here with my two - they have had their mad 5 mins are are now all resting

being at home all day today - no idea what I will do
perhaps just relax

lunch was a cambridge vanilla shake with lots of ice and coffee more water than standard and it was just like an iced latte

and dinner well that would not be on plan but I loved it and it was very low carb
I used the griddle pan to cook one mushroom three slices of aubergine two slices of courgette with one asparagus spear and two spring onions I allowed that to cool and placed them over green herb salad - and topped the lot with some griddled halloumi total calories today 686 and 42 carbs totally delicious
I worked out the cals and carbs on MFP

have a lovely evening everyone
Sounds lovely

Morning Aaleigha, sounds like you been in the wars BUT have everything under control now. Well done on priming yourself pre-diet and getting in K, good idea wish I had done that.

I just wanted to tell you about my mum who after years of being overwieght needed a knee replacement too. She was told she couldnt have the op because of her wieght and needed to lose it. She was in very bad agony with it, I remember once being out shopping with her and we had to stop and come home as she couldnt walk, se was very upset! So she set about losing weight, successfully lost four stone through low calorie and excercise and lost four stone! She now is not having the op as she feels great. She does get the occasional bad days but most days she is pain free, looking fab and fighting fit. 2 years on and she's maintained.

Believe me if mum can than anyone can.
Have a good day my lovely x

what fantastic news about your mum - I hope she can put it off for ever

what diet did she follow -
at the moment I so wish I could dump half the medication I am on and got for a nice long walk - but neither is an option
the pain is too much and without the meds it would be worse
however I do recognise how I have waited so long and the positive effect it will have on me and DH once the knee is done and I am fully healed

well dinner last night was not on plan BUT was so lovely I think I will have the same again

my package of packs has arrived and I think I will stick with what I am doing until monday then be 100% S and S
being a vegetarian makes this plan a little difficult with the protein choices so I might do most days at four packs and then just weekends with a protein meal

so today I have low called all the way
shake
bar
hardboiled egg with salad and herbs
so I am prepared for the week ahead
tomorrow dh and I are out for most of the day so will take a bar with me

well week one of using cambridge products and protein meals and I lost 1.5

today is my first day on slim and save and I am just sat enjoying the red berries shake with crushed ice - I do hope that all the flavours taste as nice :)

so I now have five weeks until I go in for my knee replacement so all losses will help the new knee and my healing
however I have to admit that having no more than 850 cals a day last week I would have lost more weight than I did - but I do know a loss is a loss

H xx

just popping by to record yesterdays progress and feelings

yesterday I was not hungry all day - I had a berries shake that was really yummy and a lemon bar also very yummy and then in the evening I used my eggs and some asparagus and mushrooms for a crustless cheese less quiche OK it was in actuality a frittata
then another shake forgot what flavour - will have to check later :)

today I am having a strawberry shake
lunch I am going out to lunch - and the place I am going to does an hallumi salad NOW I know cheese is not a protein on the plan but for today it will have to work (so much for me being 100%) but this plan has to fit into my lifestyle so a compromise is in order - today I wont have a bar

dinner tonight I will have the veggie soup which I am thinking of having a bowl of veggies broccoli cauli mush asparagus and using the veggie soup (made a bit thicker) as a sauce (I will use about 160g of veggies as the salad at lunch will use about 40)

now that is two
dont know how to get in the third shake
I think I will have an iced vanilla shake this evening with coffee added to make an iced latte

oh and I have to make a list of my strengths for counselling on Thursday
I can list my weaknesses
cant we all

H xx
have a great day everyone

OMG have just had call from hospital all my pre op checks are to be on this coming friday
so that will be my first recorded weight with them hope I can lose another couple by then
oh all biggie stuff :):)

yesterday was not 100% BUT all I had off plan was halloumi
and that because I went to lunch - if I was not a vegetarian I could have chosen chicken breast salad and been 100%
but I got on the scales this morning and have a lovely surprise monday I was 195 today I am 193.2 so happy with that
every single 0.1 of a po9und is going to count for my weigh in at the pre op assessment that is booked for friday
they will not do the op if I have a bmi over 35 so I need every part of a pound I can get for then :)

Hope the preop goes ok. Fingers crossed. Your doing well Aaliegha. Hope your bmi is under 35. You can do it. Yeah it must be awkward being a veggie. All the best hun. :)

Lisa thanks for the visit and post I do appreciate it I was getting lonely in here

well much of the day I have been researching healing after an op and come up with very little information about when to stop the diet
posted in vlcd forum on here and had no replies
starting to feel that I have upset people being ignored like this

I see you have done CD before and if you look in the Cambridge Weight Plan book, page 23, it recommends that a week prior to surgery to use Step 4... it also says not use any Cambridge Weight Plan products until three months after your surgery, although you may be able to start sooner if you have had only minor surgery - your Cambridge Consultant will advise you on this...

I am sure the above advice would be similar for all vlcd's...hope that helps.

hi there
and welcome back , well done on your start , sound like youve come allong way , well done xxx

Back