pre-packed grated cheese

shelly22

Hi im sure I read a thread on here about how much is a hex a and its not as much as the norm? Can someone help me as im making bb lasagne for dinner and want ti use this for the topping cheers xx

shelly22 said:
Hi im sure I read a thread on here about how much is a hex a and its not as much as the norm? Can someone help me as im making bb lasagne for dinner and want ti use this for the topping cheers xx

Why not just grate your HEa

I would normally but this is the only cheese I hav in house as dont normally use cheese so pinching my sons

shelly22 said:
I would normally but this is the only cheese I hav in house as dont normally use cheese so pinching my sons

Just weigh it out and use it then, not quite sure why someone has told you that the amounts change-as 30g of cheddar still weighs 30g when it's grated :) I know some people say that Pre-grated cheese can't be used, but if you want to as a one off then it won't do you any harm :)

Last edited:
U think so cool will do if memory serves me right it has something to do with things been added to this cheese x

shelly22 said:
U think so cool will do if memory serves me right it has something to do with things been added to this cheese x

I think people worry about the starch used to prevent the cheese sticking to itself :) I know plenty of people who use it with no problems! :) granted its a bit of a tweak but hey ho

Last edited:
Pre-grated cheese is higher syns,not sure on the hea value though. It's due to the flour it's covered in to stop it sticking x

Emmamb said:
Pre-grated cheese is higher syns,not sure on the hea value though. It's due to the flour it's covered in to stop it sticking x

I'd said that tho! I also said that it was a tweak, but doing it as a one of wouldn't hurt

you learn something new everyday, i never knew this i thought it was just grated cheese

The calls difference in 30g of pre grated to 30g of regular is something like 10! I really wouldn't worry as a one off!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back