Pre pregnancy on slimming world

lizs84

Hi all,

I am looking for a little guidance if possible. My husband and I have decided to start trying for our second and I have had my implant removed (ouch!!). My questions are:

1. How does slimming world change when you're pregnant? Do you have the same number of syns and healthy extras and is there anything you're supposed to make sure you eat?

2. Are there any changes I need to make before we conceive (apart from taking the pregnacare)?

I am doing slimming world from home as I can't afford the fees and work during all the time slots of our local groups.

Thank you in anticipation!

Liz
X

I am also interested in the responses! I got married last month and we want to try for our first child soon. So it will be interesting to hear.

Hi guys, I'm on slimming world and pregnant the only thing that changes is you are supposed to have an extra a choice and an extra b choice :) unfortunately no extra syns x the idea is to maintain or gain slowly and not lose! But I still lose as it feels pointless going and not losing anything x

Thank you so much. That's good news, I do love my bread and cheese (hence the need to lose weight!!). Good luck on your first SMCE and good luck for your baby 2012bridetobe!
Liz
X

I haven't really felt the need to have extra x I'm just getting back into being tired a lot (heading for my 3rd tri) good luck ttc what more motivation to lose weight for someone else that you're creating :) x I'm hoping to lose 1.5 lbs this week that will take my weigh loss to half a stone x not amazing but not bad for being pregnant :) x

I would say that's pretty amazing! I put on three stone with my first and am determined not to do that again - I don't like any of the early days pictures of me and her :( It was good motivation though!! When are you due? X

I'm due 22nd September expecting a little girl x my friend is tiny and put on 5 stone with her first! So I definitely had it in my head from day 1 I wasn't going to let it happen x I still binge but I regret it as it makes me feel rubbish!! Xx

It's so hard when you're pregnant. I'm a comfort and boredom eater and I was off work and house bound from 12 weeks as I had a subchorionic haemorrhage and had to be resting constantly. I basically just grazed all the time. Not good. Fingers crossed I won't be in the same position next time!!! By the way, try to wait for 4 days after your due date, I'd love to share my birthday with a baby ;) x

Awh x I'm doing pretty well Im enjoying feeling healthy x god help me when I start my maternity leave lol x my brother in law and nan are the 16th and my mum is the 24th x so everyone's really excited to see when she arrives x id rather her be early or on time I have no patience what so ever :) xx

My little one was due the day before our wedding anniversary, the same due date as my best friend's baby and on my brother's birthday so we were all wondering. But she came 5 weeks early and was 3 days after valentine's day (so we spent valentine's in hospital) and arrived on the morning that I was supposed to be having my baby shower!! They've got a mind of their own right from word go! X

Wow 5 weeks early x she musta been tiny x it's my first wedding anniversary in 2 weeks so a couple more little losses before that will make me happy :) x and then 2 weeks later it's my best friends wedding x I have lots of things to stay on track for at the moment which is an even bigger bonus xx

She was 5lb 10 so not as tiny as she could have been! She was small though - we found her first baby grows the other day (early size) and couldn't believe how small they were and then remembered that they swamped her and were rolled back a few times! She's caught up now and is a skinny Minnie but outstripping the other babies of her age so we're very relieved! it's nice to have little goals to keep you going - it breaks up what seems like such a long time!
Liz
X

So cute :) I'm too excited right now :) x weigh day tomorrow :/ really hope I've lost something x can't stop thinking a out a triple caramel frappe from Starbucks lol x might treat myself next week :) xx

Well done!! That's amazing :)
X

I'm determined to have a 100% week this week we have no plans and I'm rejecting any invitations lol x my next target is 5lbs by the 12thjuly xx

the first time i did sw i got pregnant (sadly we lost him at 18w, but that had nothing to do with sw), but i still lost weight just from eating better then i was before.

i really hated paying to go though knowing i wasnt really trying so i had a 'goal' set on my account so it was free for me to go aslong as i stayed 3lb either side of what i currently was :) that worked for me lol, i even started weighing in wearing my shoes to make sure i didnt go under the 3lbs lol. sadly after loosing him i couldnt face everyone at group so i didnt return.

nearly 3 years on now, another baby later and im back, heavier then ever before. starting again but also talking of TTC again too! this time im doing sw from home just with my old books :)

Muffin you must be ready to pop now?? Good luck if you haven't already!

A little bit of news for us - I am pregnant :) Only 5 weeks at the moment so crossing fingers and trying hard not to blurt it out to everyone!! Not convinced my toddler will be too impressed when the time comes. We'll see!

Liz
X

Hi :) firstly congratulations :)

Yes it's my due date :) woohoo so exciting to know I only have 2 weeks maximum x but hopefully she's here soon! I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure that'll soon disappear :) xx

Wow, think contracting thoughts!! Cleaning the house did it for me last time :) xx

Back