Pre-weigh in rituals

Money-penny

Just out of interest, do any of you have pre-weigh in rituals or superstitions and if so, how did these come about?

It's just I have noticed myself kind of naturally doing things in a certain order for about 12 hours before WI - showering at a certain time, eating at a certain time, wearing certain clothes (not even out of a desire to keep the scales true since I have clothes which are lighter). If something interrupts my natural order I get very agitated indeed!

Is it just me who does this?

yep i have a few things. i always drink my daily allowance of water before 2pm and nothing after (weigh in is 7.30) i go to the toiket numerous times before i leave the house and if possible i will make sure i poo too, lol. i do wear similar clothing and will eat similar food o

I weigh at 7.15pm on a Monday, get in from work around 6.45, go for a wee, weigh, change into black trousers and a strappy top (cos its lighter than jeans and a tshirt and its what I wore first weigh in) usually sit on the loo and see if I can "get rid" of any extra weight..ahem.. theb weigh again. Wee again if I can then go to group! My scales aren't the same but aren't far out so I usually get a good idea of what to expect at official weigh in. Hadn't even realised till i wrote it down that I do it each and every week. Think I need to get out more!

I wear the same thing every week, and since I've started attending a group straight from work this has led to me getting changed in the loos before I get the bus! That's about it for me I think, am not really one for too much routine

I keep my scales under the little sofa we have in the dining room? Yes weird but for some reason unbeknown to me I do it there and always have. Then I get a coffee then weigh again....just to make sure ha

I wear the same clothes every week, have done since the first night I joined - Leggings and a spaghetti-strap vest.

I never wear jewellery - no earrings, no bracelets, no necklace..nothing!

When I went through the stage of wearing clip in hair extensions, I'd never wear them for weigh in.

I never ever weigh with my shoes on.

I have teeny sips at my coffee all morning, only munch grapes, try to poo, wee several times, get dressed in the same clothes i wore to group first time and then head off to group with a banana to eat during body image in hand coz im starving! Lol.

I keep the scales in one part of the bathroom. I have to move them to another part the night before weigh in, set them and reset them, then set then and reset them again in the morning (just to make sure!).

mines just had a big lunch an make sure its before 2pm. weighin is from 7pm. make sure i wee before get on scales an wear light clothes...
I also weigh about 8 times a day too pmsl. it helps me stay on track when i dont see scales move, or if in wrong way im even more good. an when they do go down im again even more good as dont wish to mess my good work up :)

I work shifts so end up weighing in on different days at different times but always wear my 'slimming world jeans' and gave nothing to drink for at least2 hours prior to weigh in and try to go to the loo before stepping on the scales.

Have just realised while planning tomorrows meals that I also pretty much eat as lightly as possible the day before weigh-in too from breakfast onwards! As well as going to to loo for number twos as much as possible for 24hours beforehand too. Argh, just a tad obsessive but at the same time if I didn't do it I'd feel like I hadn't done enough to be as light as I possibly can be before weigh-in. On the flipside I always have a massive on-plan lunch and dinner following weigh in.

Love everyones explanation of getting rid of excess in the toilet haha! :)
I wear same clothes, always do gym in the morning, drink loads of water and eat a protein only lunch. I weigh at 7.30pm so I don't eat until after which is usually a yummy baked potato, cheese and beans xx

Always a red day, I wi at 7pm so don't eat after 3pm and don't drink after 4pm - just drinking last of my water now. Obviously go the loo as much as possible - if I can manage and extra movement before I go excellent. Used to wear same clothes but they are far too big :). Just before I leave I get on the scales - mine are pretty much the same as sw except mine do 1/4 lbs so have to round up. I always take a hifi bar with me to eat after wi with a coffee.

yep i have a few things. i always drink my daily allowance of water before 2pm and nothing after (weigh in is 7.30) i go to the toiket numerous times before i leave the house and if possible i will make sure i poo too, lol. i do wear similar clothing and will eat similar food o
that is sooooo me :/

I think this is a good thread.

I weigh in on Wednesdays so after class and for Thursday and Friday I allow myself to eat bread, rice, potatoes or pasta but on plan and I have my syns. From Saturday to Tuesday, try not to touch bread, potatoes, rice or pasta and only have a few syns for gravy and sauce etc. I never eat much at all on weigh day until after class which is at 5 pm and I cut back on drinks from about lunchtime on that day. Obviously, several trips to the loo are necessary pre weigh time - just in case lol. I always wear the same trousers and top - I kid you not this can make a difference. I think I have said on here before one particular pair of trousers I have - as soon as I put them on I weigh a full pound more .. I do really lol xx :D

As I've lost weight and my jeans have become more loose, I've had to invest in a belt. Because I didn't need a belt when I started Slimming World, I weighed without it. Now that I need one for my more loose jeans, I go to the toilet to take it off before weighing :D

Back