Pregnancy and Losing Weight...

PregnantSW

Hi Everyone,

I'm a regular user of this forum but I've created another username so that people aren't aware of my pregnancy until I'm ready to announce it properly :)

I've just found out im pregnant. It'll be our first baby God willing.

I've lost 5st12lbs with slimming world already and I still have 4st12lbs to target.

My question is, like I'm sure everyone has here.. Can I still continue to lose weight and will I continue to lose weight during pregnancy as long as I stay on plan?

Do I still take the same number of hex's? I'm aware you increase them if you Breast feed but wasn't sure whether this is the case during pregnancy.

Thank you

Are you doing SW in a group? Have a chat to your group consultant, they'll be able to tell you exactly what changes you need to make. I'm pretty sure that it's no extra syns but an extra hex a and b but I'd check with them.

You might find that you don't lose weight, doctors suggest that you don't actively try to whilst pregnant but I was told that I could continue with SW as it's based on healthy eating rather than dieting. I have to admit though, it didn't last too long as I was just far too tired to bother with counting everything. I did lose some weight though, I made it to about 24 weeks being around 10lb down. Now at almost 34 weeks some of that has crept back on and I'm about 4lb less than I was when I started but I'm OK with that. Gaining weight was, to me, an inevitable part of pregnancy and I just wanted to make sure that any weight that I did gain was healthy baby weight and not me over eating weight, which it has been. Baby weighs 5lb at the moment and I'll have extra weight from fluid etc. so I'm pretty confident that any gain has been baby and not too much food. I set myself a target of no more than about a stone and should, I think, stay within that.

It's easy to get a bit obsessive over what the scales say though so I think you need to be really careful during pregnancy to make sure that you just keep healthy and not to deprive yourself too much. There are times where I've felt like I could eat for England and if I've been hungry, I've eaten. I've tried to keep it healthy when I have eaten quite a lot but I've found that when I have had genuine increases in my appetite, baby has then had a big growth spurt. So just listen to your body, it'll know what you need.

Thank you for your detailed response.

No, I'm not with group anymore but from what I've read online you just get an extra hexA And+B so I'm fine with that.

Well done you! On your loss and the little you've gained. Imagine what the scales will dua once you've given birth!

I'm only 5 weeks so I still have my appetite. I don't plan to deprive myself- I never have before and was able to lose the amount I have and I definitely don't intend to do that either. But, I do plan not to eat any junk just because I "feel like it" if it's not good for me before pregnancy, it's not good for me during pregnancy right?

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes wel :)

Hiya,

Congrats on your pregnancy :) I'm around 5-9 weeks.

My last pregnancy I just dieted loosely and gained 7lbs by the end but was 14.8 to start with, after birth I lost around 20lbs - hope that helps. Well done on your loss to date that's a fab amount to lose, wishing you a healthy pregnancy x

Hiya, Congrats on your pregnancy :) I'm around 5-9 weeks. My last pregnancy I just dieted loosely and gained 7lbs by the end but was 14.8 to start with, after birth I lost around 20lbs - hope that helps. Well done on your loss to date that's a fab amount to lose, wishing you a healthy pregnancy x

Hey

Wow that's fantastic. I'd love to have lost 20lbs by delivery so definitely going to continue healthy eating for sure x

Thanks,

I'm sure your do well I think it easy to lose weight when your overweight to start with, I've had 3 children and my first my prepregnacy weight was in the 12's and after birth I was around 11 st, second pregnancy I did gain a fair bit.

After birth you may not see much of a loss straight away as most often you tend to gain a lot of fluid etc but in a week or so that drops back off.

How are you feeling? I feel constantly sick and tirdness as really kicked in! I felt so good with my other pregnancies! Let me know if you start a diary x

Thanks, I'm sure your do well I think it easy to lose weight when your overweight to start with, I've had 3 children and my first my prepregnacy weight was in the 12's and after birth I was around 11 st, second pregnancy I did gain a fair bit. After birth you may not see much of a loss straight away as most often you tend to gain a lot of fluid etc but in a week or so that drops back off. How are you feeling? I feel constantly sick and tirdness as really kicked in! I felt so good with my other pregnancies! Let me know if you start a diary x

Yeah I still have over 4 stones to lose so really hoping so. Although I have been on plan this week I am 3lbs up mid week :( so I'm going to weigh on Friday and then weigh in every 2 weeks (I do SW from home and don't go to group). I can only assume that it's just hormones going mental and have bloating.

I'm feeling fine.. I had to go in for an emergency scan today because I had some spotting and tummy pain but all is ok thank goodness.

How far along are you? And do you have a food diary? I'll start one if you like? :)

Hiya,

I hope your ok now, think I've had spotting with all my other pregnancies- at least your reassured now. Did they give you a due date?
Not sure how far along I am but guessing 6 to 8 wks, I haven't got a diary get but once I've had a scan and know everything's ok I start one.

Your gain is probably bloating or water, I'm sure your go down in a couple days- if you start a diary I'll subscribe x

Hiya, I hope your ok now, think I've had spotting with all my other pregnancies- at least your reassured now. Did they give you a due date? Not sure how far along I am but guessing 6 to 8 wks, I haven't got a diary get but once I've had a scan and know everything's ok I start one. Your gain is probably bloating or water, I'm sure your go down in a couple days- if you start a diary I'll subscribe x

Yes I feel MUCH better now. I'm only 5 weeks ish and wasn't given a due date. Didn't think to ask actually either, I assume they only gave that when you have your 12 week scan. I have another one in 2 weeks so I'll ask then.

I'll start a diary soon too x

Back