Pregnancy must haves... Those little things that you couldnt live without

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by Sammielouise071, 20 January 2014.

1. Sammielouise071

Sammielouise071 Currently pregnant

Hi girls thought this might be a fun / helpful idea to share things that have helped us along the way during pregnancy .. I'll start with..

Rennie - has been an essential for me over the last few weeks with easing heartburn

Hot water bottle .. I pretty much use mine every night to ease my back pain

Boots glycerin honey and lemon lictus .. For shifting a sore throat .. Actually tastes good too,

Sanctuary mum to be oil - I've used this throughout my pregnancy and so far have no stretch marks ( hopefully won't jinx it now :/)

Mypregnancyapp for iPhone- I have loved using this app to keep track of baby size and development, I also use it to track my weight and any upcoming midwife / hospital appointments

Bottle green spiced berry cordial .. This stuff is seriously lush I drink it hot as an alternative to tea to try and reduce my caffeine intake , they do lots of flavours but the spiced berry is perfect for winter really warming and fruity !

That's all I can think of so far but I'm sure I will think of more to add to the list!

Would love to hear all your pregnancy must haves :)

2. Jess<3

Jess<3 getting to that 6st loss!

Atm during pregnancy my must have had been rennies!

Easy snackable foods too x
  3. Kim26

Kim26 Well-Known Member

I'd have to say a pack of biscuits/crackers/something plain-ish to nibble on by the bed for when i get that 'feel sick because i am hungry' feeling at 3/4am! Also helped at the beginning of pregnancy with nausea.
  4. PrincessPeach

PrincessPeach Pregnant with Baby No 2!

Aw just found this :)

1. My "special" baths - lights off, candles lit, bubbles and spa music ;) It's so lovely for relaxation

2. (My personal opinion) - WINTER!!! I'm so grateful for chilly air lol I get sooooooo hot it's ridiculous! I could not be without winter ;)

3. Rennies for heartburn

;) xx
  5. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

Another vote for Rennies! And gaviscon, horrible as it is it really does work when nothing else will.

Toast, miracle food for easing nausea.

Mum & Me room spray, such a lovely relaxing scent for nights when you can't sleep.

My bouncy ball for easing hip pain.

Lots of extra pillows - see above!

Decaf teabags ;)

A good supply of Lush products for relaxing baths :D
  6. sarah_lou1981

sarah_lou1981 Not gonna be a fat mamma!

Only just found this!!

Another vote for Gaviscon, even though it was vile!!

Salt! In the early days when I was constantly nauseous it's all I wanted.

4head stick and full fat coke for headaches.
  7. Sammielouise071

Just discovered the cussons mum to be sleep mist and have to say I'm in love ! Along with their shower cream and bath soak this is amazing I spray it all over my pillows before I go to sleep and it smells really nice and calming .. Sends me to sleep in a wink.. Deffo going in my hospital bag xxx
  8. PrincessPeach

PrincessPeach Pregnant with Baby No 2!

Ooh I have that too! It's lovely!!! Xxx
  9. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

That's the stuff I mentioned above, I had it for my birthday in a set and it was lovely! I still use it now, maybe it helps Seth sleep too ;)
  10. Sammielouise071

Oooh so you did sorry missy didn't see . I love this stuff have used it every night since I got it :)
    Will probably carry on using it when baby's here too like you said its probably relaxing for baby's too xx
  11. ksmiuk

ksmiuk Well-Known Member

I think I need to get some of this spray sounds lovely.
  12. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

I think it must be - I have dried lavender in a pot next to my bed/Seth's basket in the hope that will help too. If nothing else it smells great! xxx

It's lovely and I swear it helped me sleep well! My sleep was awful during my pregnancy with the usual discomfort plus SPD so anything that helped was gold dust. They do a foot spray too which is amazing for big swollen feet and ankles :) xxx
  13. Dougal1983

Dougal1983 Proud Mummy

My list of pregnancy must-haves so far comprises of:

*Ranitidine indigestion tablets- rennie's and gaviscon don't work for me, but these do. Great for heartburn

*Lots of pillows- I have a Dreamgenii pregnancy pillow plus a couple of extra ones to sleep with! Plus I have a wedge, which I go from Mothercare for £10, and really helps with backache.
    Esp good if you have a sitting down job.

*Yogurts- really helped relieve nausea and heartburn

*Digestive biscuits- fab for morning sickness

* I second Missy with decaf teabags- gone right off coffee and drinking tea like its water lol!