Pregnant and obese!!!

chalack

Hi there, I know it's quite personal but I just wondered if there was any obese pregnant ladies out there. I'm 19st and 6 weeks pregnant. My husband and I have been trying and have had 4 m/c :( this one so far seems ok so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I would like to loose a little weight during my pregnancy. Has anyone Done this or can recommend the best diet. I know I can't diet properly but anything would be good. I'm craving and eating like crazy at the minute. Hzve gained a stone in a month and have worked hard to loose almost 4 stone since November but that's all stopped now :( x

Hello there, congrats on your pregnancy!

The only diet reccomended by midwives is slimming world..! I did it when i was pregnant and ended up losing a little bit of weight by the end
xx

Congrats, wishing u a healthy and happy nine months. Well done on your weight loss so far !!
I can't really recommend a diet (I cant stick to any) but low GI is really healthy during pregnancy and reduces risk of gestational diabetes, and slimming world is allowed.
I'm following my own 'sensible eating' diet including treats. And I go to the gym twice a week and do pregnant yoga (its brilliant!) and I've gained 7 lbs by week 20.
Best of luck!

Yes u can, u need a letter from your midwife to say it's ok for you, which I assume is why it won't let u sign up online

Hi I'm 19 weeks pregnant and just started doing SW, I'm not going to the local group as tbh I can't afford it! But i've been doing SW for years and know the diet inside out. Hopefully I can halt my 2 stone gain so far!! I'm now 15stone 2lbs and def classed as obese! Humph!!! Han Xxx

I'm roughly 13 weeks n since finding out I lost 5lb some magical way but I'm still obese :(

My aim is to get to 13 st 7lb or less and by end still be 13s 7lb or close to it as then most of that is baby n would be a healthier weight.

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 8lb

Hi :)

I'm nearly 33 weeks and 17st 13lb, which means I've lost 5lb since getting pregnant. I have just been trying to make better choices, but to be honest I think the no alcohol thing has helped me the most xx

karra said:

I'm nearly 33 weeks and 17st 13lb, which means I've lost 5lb since getting pregnant. I have just been trying to make better choices, but to be honest I think the no alcohol thing has helped me the most xx

Wow, losing while pregnant! Have you found it difficult. I would love to not put on much weight, I have put on 8lbs since being pregnant, I am currently 19 weeks. I have been making some good choices but I think my head is at I'm not in a diet now so eat what you like! X

Thanks for your replies everyone. I've started sw and have my first weigh in Tomis. I keep getting on the scales though and so far it says I've gained a pound :(

Hi im 17 weeks now and was 19st when i fell pg this time, but have lost a stone so far just watching what i eat. would love to lose a few more stone healthy, pm me if you wanna buddy up and lose together

Wow, losing while pregnant! Have you found it difficult. I would love to not put on much weight, I have put on 8lbs since being pregnant, I am currently 19 weeks. I have been making some good choices but I think my head is at I'm not in a diet now so eat what you like! X

I haven't found it hard tbh as I haven't really been trying...I have been craving Magnums which isn't very good haha but I think I have subconsciously been not trying to eat junk for the bubs.

It is very tempting though to think 'I'm pregnant I'll eat what I want'. I just don't want to be left with even more to lose once the baby's born I wanna look like a yummy mummy pushing my pram hehe xxx

I'm 26 weeks and have gone from 12st9lbs to 15st10lbs (omg)
I've eaten rubbish all the way through - couldn't look at a vegetable until about 5 weeks ago . Amtrying to not put any more on and if poss, lose around a pound a week until birth. I serously doubt losing this will harm my baby - it only means cutting down from my current 3000 cals a day to 2500 - still far too much but a slow, sustained reduction is best. I plan to do it by stopping chocolate and eating veg lol.

Good luck to everyone else with this problem!

I was 12st12 when I was 7 weeks I'm so scared to weigh myself I'm 21 weeks now

Sorry to hijack your thread, can you join slimming world when pregnant? I tried to join online last night but it wouldnt let me!

If you join and answer no to the part where it says are you pregnant or breastfeeding it will allow you to join. Once you're in you can change your details to say that you are pregnant. After you've done that the website changes to suit you being pregnant which includes information on dieting while pregnant and exercises that are okay. The only downfall is, once you tell it you're pregnant it won't let you weigh in any more, it tells you you need to keep that in check with your midwife. Everything else still seems as normal though. Hope that helps x

Hello there :)

Congratulations all you lovely ladies. x x

I am currently weighing in at 16st 4lbs and I am just approaching 32 weeks pregnant. I have put on 8lbs during this pregnancy and I am hoping to curtail this now by eating really well for the next 8 weeks. I have followed a low GI diet for about 3 months which I think has stopped me gaining loads of weight but I have been having the odd bag of crisps...now I really want to clean up my diet ready for the birth and get a head start on my post pregnancy weight loss plan.

Good luck all. x x :) x x

Hi girls

Im currently 29 weeks and have gained 15 pounds, start weight was 13.13 and am now 15 stone. Didnt gain anything until 19 weeks and have been very careful throughout this time after putting on around 6 stone last time!!! However, i feel my appetite has increased hugely since around 24 weeks and now gain 2 lb every week :sigh:.

I tend to have a little treat every day, do you think by cutting this out completely and being 100% I could stop hardly any weight gain from now til term? Dont even know if i could cut it out but its worth a try i guess!

Katy x

MrsDannyDyer said:
Hi im 17 weeks now and was 19st when i fell pg this time, but have lost a stone so far just watching what i eat. would love to lose a few more stone healthy, pm me if you wanna buddy up and lose together

Hey I would live to try and buddy up and loose weight together. I haw the same starting weight as you being pregnant unfortunately I've gained weight not it though now :(

Well I finaly agreed to being reffered to a dietition for my bmi of 32.... Will let u kno how it goes!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 11lb

Back